The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This list of duties is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the functions and responsibilities performed.
The Institutional Research Analyst supports ENMU-Roswell research, analysis and effectiveness activities by providing data; entering data into spreadsheets, databases and reports; formatting and submitting information to internal and external departments/agencies. This position reports to the Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with guidance from the Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness to prepare and submit State and Federal reports including but not limited to the NM Higher Education Department, Higher Learning Commission (HLC), College Board, Integrated Post-Secondary Education Data System (IPEDS) and NM Association of Community Colleges (NMACC).
- Gathers, cleans, analyzes, and prepares data for external audiences
- Participates in the development of data governance policies and procedures
- Provides data and reports to internal programs and departments for Program and Service Area Reviews
- Responds to internal and external requests for ad hoc data reporting
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
The selected candidate will be required to meet the following required trainings within the first year of employment that will be funded by the institution:
- Learn how to gather, clean, store, and submit data files for NM eDEAR.
- Attend IPEDs training to learn how to prepare and submit information as needed for mandated federal reporting.
- Attend Ellucian Banner/SIG training to understand Banner system functionality in order to become familiar with ENMU-Roswell’s underlying table structures.
- Attend Argos data system training in order to learn how to build queries and construct data blocks.
- Learn how to develop, disseminate, and produce audience-friendly reports with EvaluationKit, Qualtrics, and Tableau.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Master’s degree and analytical experience to demonstrate an ability to use data from a variety of sources.
- Experience in data management and planning in an educational environment
- Ability to organize and manage the workflow of simultaneous tasks and projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills
The employee must possess excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new software programs as needed. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and a solid commitment to service are required.
Preferred Job Requirements:
Master's Degree in computer science, business administration, or related field. Programming skills, using SQL or other database languages, are preferred. Experience with Ellucian Banner and Argos preferred. Familiarity with State and Federal regulations about higher education environment desired.
Please apply at https://www.roswell.enmu.edu/human-resources/