Corporate and Foundation Relations Specialist
Posted Salary Range
Commensurate with experience
Institutional Advancement Department
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Specialist is a member of
the Institutional Advancement/ ASU Foundation, Inc. team and is an
entry-level fundraiser, with limited to no experience or skills in
major giving. The focus of this position is to provide support
assistance to the office efforts to secure corporate and foundation
partnerships and funding; and to work with faculty and
institutional advancement colleagues on a range of projects and
This is a newly created position, and the Corporate and Foundation
Relations Specialist will be reporting to the Director of Corporate
and Foundation Giving; salary will be commensurate with
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of the advancement process, including prospect
identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship;
knowledgeable in corporate and foundation giving and fundraising
• Knowledge of the proposal development process, including prospect
and project research and proposal creation/editing.
• Working knowledge of development software for prospect management
and basic financial software for fund management.
• Willing to work at Institutional Advancement/ ASU Foundation,
Inc. offices in Lorman, MS and have the ability and willingness for
limited travel when required.
• An advocate’s belief in the vision of Alcorn State University’s
Institutional Advancement/ ASU Foundation, Inc.
• Understanding of philanthropy and ability to learn Institutional
Advancement/ ASU Foundation, Inc. issues quickly.
• An entrepreneurial and pro-active leadership style with a proven
ability to create opportunities.
• Able to work in a collaborative team environment as well as
autonomously to meet goals and objectives;
• Ability to be flexible and effective in assisting with complex
situations involving numerous and sometimes competing
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and
responsibility regarding information related to foundation and
university business and confidential prospect information.
• Good writing and communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact as needed
with donors and prospective donors, as well as staff, faculty,
leadership, and volunteers.
• Good organizational skills with particular attention to systems,
processes, and details, and possess the capacity to
• Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities
and communication plans;
• Ability to learn appropriate levels of information about academic
disciplines and interdisciplinary areas.
Essential Job Functions
• Works with the Director of Corporate and Foundation Giving and
the Corporate and Foundation Relations Coordinator to complete
internal reports on the team’s progress, accomplishments, and
• Drafts emails, letters, and/or other correspondence for corporate
and foundation engagement in collaboration with faculty, staff, and
other advancement staff.
• Other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibility and
requirements of the job.
• Minimum bachelor’s degree is required.
• Two to three years of experience in higher education development
Licensing and Certifications
Work in noisy (above 85 decibels) areas
Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds
Medium Work - Exerting 20-50 pounds
Heavy Work - Exerting 50-100 pounds
Very Heavy Work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds
Extended Work Hours
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Alcorn State University
Equal Employment Opportunity and Notice of
Alcorn State University is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Alcorn State University is committed to providing access, equal
opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with
disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and
Excellent Benefits Package
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you at least have a Bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have experience in the proposal development process,
including prospect and project research and proposal
- * Do you have two to three years of experience in higher
education development and advancement?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation (Professional)
- Letter of Recommendation (Personal)
- Letter of Recommendation (Professional or Personal)