Coordinator, Board Relations
Starting salary range of $47,362- $54,460 is based
on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary
Scale, C41. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and
related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for a broad and complex set of
assignments related to the coordination and management of the Board
of Regents meetings and events; provide executive-level support for
all board activities in a manner that reflects the President's
priorities and the College's mission; build positive and
collaborative relationships with Board members and College
leadership; provide support to the Chief of Staff relative to the
effective operation of the Office of the President, and
Board-related tasks; demonstrate professionalism and
confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the Office of the
President and Board of Regents.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are
not limited to:
- Provide strategic and operational support to the Chief of Staff
and Board of Regents.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with Lee College Board
of Regents and Cabinet Officers to promote good communication and
successful collaboration for Board meetings.
- Collaborate with College leadership to ensure timely completion
and submission for Board Action Items and other Board reports.
- Manage the meeting preparation process by creating the agenda
and Board meeting packet; post the Board meeting Notice and Agenda
as required by law.
- Review Board meeting submission documents for accuracy and
details; make edits as necessary. Draft consent agenda action items
or other documents as needed.
- Collaborate with CoS/DSO, Board Committee Chairs, and
appropriate Vice President to develop Committee meeting
- Coordinate and manage all functions for Board meetings,
including communicating with Regents, managing documents for Board
members, making room reservations, arranging for audio/visual
services, ordering food, and preparing the meeting room.
- Serve as recording secretary for all Board related
- Prepare written minutes of all Board meetings, prepare for
adoption, and signature at the following Board meeting.
- Act as custodian of records and maintain official files and
documents for the Board of Regents; file the approved minutes and
maintain the official list of Board members.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute Board events such as Board
Workshops, Committee Meetings, Retreats, New Board Member
Orientation, and other special events, to include collaboration on
agenda, contract with venue and caterer, and arrange for
audiovisual or other support equipment, and other logistics as
- Manage the budget for the Board of Regents.
- Manage the Board of Regents' attendance and participation at
Spring & Fall Commencement, Nurses Pinning, and Honors Day
participation for the Board members.
- Work independently to compose correspondence, research issues,
prioritize tasks, handle special projects, and follow up on issues
- Coordinate the TASB Board Policy update process by preparing
tracking charts, meeting agendas, updating policies as directed,
and managing the historical record of policies; coordinate the
processing of College Administrative Regulations and
- Streamline processes and identify opportunities for greater
efficiency; develop implementation plan.
- Coordinate and manage the process of Open Record Requests on
behalf of the College.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion about matters of
significance pertaining to Board meetings and other Board-related
- Facilitate meetings to include creating calendar invites,
agendas, producing formal minutes, capturing decisions, and action
- Manage the arrangements for travel, lodging, and registration
for Regents and the CoS/DSO for appropriate conferences and
- Process financials, including but not limited to purchase
requisitions, per-diems, reimbursements, account statements, and
credit card expenses for Board members and CoS/DSO as
- Assist with various activities for the Office of the
- Represent the President's Office by serving on college
committees as requested and approved by the President or Chief of
- In her absence, assume the responsibilities of Coordinator of
Executive Operations as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or successful completion of
sixty (60) college credit hours or related experience that can be
considered in lieu of degree
- Three (3) years of related work experience
- Must be organized, accurate, attentive to detail, and able to
master a wide range of complex tasks in a dynamic, fast paced work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal
skills, and the ability to diffuse frustrated students.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, as well
as the ability to master additional software programs as
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to converse with the
public, friendly, and personable
- Must be dependable and professional
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree
- Experience working with board/board meetings
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following
documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts
for all completed course work
. (Official transcripts
required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3)
professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of
the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7324
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
which encourages applications from qualified females, minority
groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee
College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of
all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability,
race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in
areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion,
demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms
of compensation or benefits.