Assist with the set-up and breakdown of campus events, programs,
and activities. Support on-site coordination of vendors, staff,
and/or volunteers. Respond to questions and provide information.
May assist with collecting recycling materials across campus. This
position is 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday, and may require
occasional evenings and weekends due to scheduled campus events and
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
The Nigh University Center serves as the town square of the
University of Central Oklahoma campus by providing high-quality
convenient services and amenities that continue to meet the
changing needs of the UCO community and the Oklahoma City
metropolitan area. It is essentially the doorway to the campus and
within its 221,721 sq. ft. of interior space, it houses Enrollment
Services, Career Services, Transportation and Parking, the Food
Court, a full-service restaurant, Starbucks, a bookstore, and bank
as well as the Conference and Events Office that manages 25 meeting
rooms and over 37,000 square feet of available space.
Under the direct supervision of the Building and Set up Technician
Supervisor, performs set-ups of the Nigh University Center meeting
and conference rooms. Considered the lead Set Up Technician when
the Building and Set-Up Technician Supervisor is not present and
performs set-ups to accommodate the needs of each customer while
complying with all University policies and rules. Moves and
arranges furniture and equipment (tables, chairs, stages, pianos,
etc.) to comply with Conference and Events set-up sheet for the
event in the room. Assists with the setup and operation of various
audio/visual equipment in the Nigh University Center. Also performs
cleaning duties of rooms, hallways, storage areas, entryways, etc.
in the Nigh University Center when needed or as instructed. Assists
with some administrative duties.
- Uses information from the Conference and Events Office set-up
sheet, as directed by the Supervisor, to set up the room as
requested for each event.
- Moves the furniture (tables, chairs, stages, pianos, etc.) to
rooms and arranges them as instructed. Maintains a clean and
orderly storeroom for furniture and moves furniture to and from
storage as necessary.
- Follows instructions as to the proper furniture arrangement
techniques and spacing requirements so it will be suitable for the
event and meets the customer's desires.
- Assists the audio-visual staff with the set-up and operation of
various audio/visual equipment in the Nigh University Center.
- Communicates customer requests during events to the Conference
and Events Office.
- Keeps furniture clean and presentable for events, i.e. cleans
off tables and chairs, takes off tape or ribbon left on furniture,
- Checks rooms to see if the set-up is correct and that the room
is clean and ready for the customer.
- After an event, responsible for checking rooms and securing any
equipment needed. Reports rooms that need cleaning, damages to room
or furniture, or any appearance of policy breach by a customer to
- Performs various janitorial duties as needed such as sweeping,
mopping, cleaning glass doors, dusting furniture, washing walls,
- Performs light maintenance duties including changing out bad
light bulbs in the Nigh University Center and any maintenance
request that may be asked of them by a supervisor.
- Assists with some administrative duties and helps create a
- Considered the lead Set Up Technician and specifically the
other full-time Setup Technicians and student workers while the
Building and Set up Technician Supervisor is not present.
- This is an essential position and may be required to come to
work when there is inclement weather.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires 3+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination
of education and experience. Has demonstrated proficiency within
the discipline through job-related training or on-the-job
- Acts as an information resource and coach for colleagues with
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team,
depending upon project needs.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be a strong leader
within the unit.
- Good base knowledge of all phases of a conference and events
- Read and understand manuals and instructions printed in English
and documents legibly in same.
- Good oral and written communications are needed to carry out
the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Have good customer service skills.
- Team player: the ability to work as a member of a team.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may
be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential functions.
This position requires a physical. The physical requirements
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly and 75 lbs.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and carry 200 feet.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and carry up/down 30 stairs.
- Ability to walk regularly for long periods of time across the
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to use and reach with hands and arms regularly.
- Ability to climb in high places using a ladder or balance
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, and crawl
- Ability to push or pull dolly loaded with up to 120 pounds for
300 feet occasionally.
- Must have close, distance, and peripheral vision.
- Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Pass PFT (pulmonary function test)