Johnson County Community College
Type of Position:
Work Schedule, Hours per week:
Varies, 40 hours
Pay Grade/Pay Range:
$15.00 - $18.75
($31,320-$39,150 annually) *Actual pay depends on
Opportunity for hybrid schedule:
A Custodian independently
performs general cleaning duties to promote cleanliness, health,
and safety in campus buildings and facilities, which includes
cleaning carpets, hard surfaces, restrooms, furnishings, and office
supplies, and collecting and disposing of trash, recycling, and
other waste products.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions & dilution
information from cleaning solutions and other supplies &
equipment in English.
- Must have basic knowledge of basic chemicals used in
- Ability to safely operate vacuums, floor machines, and
- Three months to one year of housekeeping work experience.
- May require some weekend and & or overtime work.
- Background check required for all positions
- Experience with use of personal computers.
- Valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle
To be considered for this position we will require an
Position Details: Job duties include but
are not limited to:
- General Position Responsibilities
- Vacuuming, spotting, shampooing and extractions of carpet.
- Mopping, sweeping, power scrubbing, stripping, polishing, and
refinishing of hard surfaces.
- Cleaning and sanitizing restrooms using established cleaning
practices and procedures.
- Cleaning and dusting windows, furnishings, walls, light
fixtures, whiteboards, blackboards, and woodwork.
- Moving supplies and furniture in order to clean around and
under objects, which requires lifting.
- Assisting with set up for campus events & meetings across
the campus as required.
- Following established safety procedures and wearing proper
- Shoveling snow and removing ice from doorways and sidewalks, as
- Attending department meetings.
- Supporting the policies, procedures and practices established
by the College and its organizational division and
- May serve on college committees.
- May drive college vehicles.
*Duties and responsibilities, as required by business necessity,
may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of
management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Scheduling, shift assignments and work location may be changed at
any time, as required by business necessity.
Here at Johnson County
Community College, we seek to inspire positive change for our
students, faculty, and staff through promoting growth and
development of all individuals. We aim to create a sense of
belonging, accepting all values, life experiences, and perspectives
on our campus. We are seeking individuals who will bring their
true, authentic selves to JCCC so we can broaden perspectives with
innovative ideas, interests, and passions, while fostering and
promoting our diversity commitments to our community. We believe
that engaging all of our unique employees is the key to students'
success. You belong here.
Established in 1969, Johnson County
Community College is dedicated to transforming lives and
strengthening communities through learning. Located in Overland
Park, Kansas, JCCC has enjoyed a national reputation for
educational excellence and student success for more than 50 years.
That's five decades dedicated to smaller class sizes, more
resources and a thriving campus culture - not to mention our
competitive tuition rates and extracurricular experiences that
transcend the norm.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Community College (JCCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. JCCC provides equal employment opportunities to all
qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age,
religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic
If you need any assistance throughout
the search process, please reach out to the HR Generalist for this
position. In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this
position will be subject to criminal background investigations.
Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer
pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions
as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments
require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript
for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are
encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable
accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office
of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email JobsAtJCCC@jccc.edu
To apply, please visit: https://careers.jccc.edu/en-us/job/494901/fulltime-evening-housekeeper