Business Operations Specialist
Arizona State University
Req ID# 81505BR
Department: KE Global Futures Finance
The Business Operations Specialist will assist with basic budgeting, coordination of financial tasks and oversight of the business operations functions for both sponsored awards and non-sponsored internal funding. This position is intended to cover a broad range of responsibilities to support multiple program areas within the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a high attention to detail, possess exceptional organizational and customer service skills, and have the ability to work well in a fast-paced, often deadline driven environment.
Days and Schedule: Work location is primarily at the Tempe campus. This is a full-time position from Monday thru Friday 8AM to 5PM.
Flexible work arrangements are available in an alternative or hybrid schedule but will be based on the work and the needs of the university and department operations and pending leadership approval.
Salary Range: $40,464 - $46,000 per year; DOE
Close Date: 29-July-2022
- Purchase supplies and equipment based on department requests with the use of a PCard or within the university Financial Management Systems (Workday, SunRISE), in accordance with established procurement and financial policies.
- Prepare and process employee reimbursements and journal entries in Workday as requested/needed.
- Review and approve PCard verifications in the university PaymentNet and Workday.
- Perform Payroll, Accounts and PCard reconciliations.
- Assist primary point of contact for principal investigators (PI) with post award activities, including:
- Report monthly, quarterly and annually on award budget and metric
- Set up and monitor at-risk and cost share accounts
- Set up and monitor subawards
- Perform grant modifications (rebudgets, change in scope, no cost extensions and investigator changes)
- Completion of sponsor required forms
- Communication of ASU/sponsor policies and regulations regarding the administration of award funds
- Maintain confidential administrative, fiscal, and academic records
- Work independently and exercises professional judgment to serve as a knowledgeable and helpful resource in respect to ASU fiscal/HR policies and procedures and to ensure accurate output and processing in all assigned areas.
- Assist with special projects, requiring problem solving, research and recommendation of next steps.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the continuity and compliance of department business operations.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard office and administrative practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU accounting systems, procedures and techniques (Workday preferred).
- Experience using a financial system, human resource management system and reporting systemin a higher education environment (FMS/Workday and PeopleSoft preferred).
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU travel policies and procedures, specifically within Concur.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines.
- Experience working with detailed financial reconciliations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience in customer service.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Experience handling cash, managing a departmental purchasing card and assisting in the operation of a fiscally sound environment.
- Experience in preparing detailed reports on a timely basis.
- Ability to perform detailed work in an open and shared work space.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25).
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier. This position receives regular review of objectives.
The Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation is the hub of Arizona State University’s sustainability research initiatives. The institute advances research and business practices for an urbanizing world. Its sister program, the College of Global Futures, both within the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory, offers transdisciplinary degree programs focused on finding practical solutions to social, economic and environmental challenges.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply, please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ (See Req ID# 81505BR), or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=4582542_5494