Founded in 1917, Providence College (PC) is a premier Catholic
liberal arts institution steadfastly committed to academic
excellence through a dynamic core curriculum, a distinctive
Development of Western Civilization Program, and abundant
experiential learning opportunities. The only U.S. higher education
institution administered by the Dominican Friars, PC is committed
to providing a variety of opportunities for intellectual, social,
moral, and spiritual growth in a supportive environment. Providence
College believes that cultural and intellectual pluralism is
essential to the excellence of its academic programs, and strives
to foster an academic culture and campus community reflecting the
global environment in which we live and work.
The approximately 105-acre campus is situated in Rhode Island’s
capital city and is close to the many cultural and educational
offerings of Rhode Island’s “renaissance city.” Additionally,
Providence is located an hour from Boston and just a few hours from
New York City.
For years, Providence College has been recognized in the U.S.
News & World Report
“Regional Universities – North
Category” and has been commended by several other ranking
Provide administrative and operational support to employees and
contracted staff in the Personal Counseling Center. Assist in the
initial triage and scheduling of clinical appointments for
students, including providing initial triage to prioritize students
who are in need of immediate clinical assistance. Maintain a calm
and welcoming atmosphere while managing a clinical office that is
highly utilized by the student body to ensure smooth and efficient
1. Answer phones, make appointments, greet and direct visitors to
appropriate areas or persons; sort, open, distribute and route
individual or departmental incoming mail and prepare outgoing
2. Serve as initial triage staff for phone calls and walk-ins
(students, staff, faculty, and parents) to determine if need is
urgent/emergent and need immediate attention by clinical staff or
can wait for non-urgent, scheduled consultation. Maintain a calm
front of the house environment for students in the reception area
while balancing potential emergency situations while routine
operations occur simultaneously.
3. Distribute and manage intake electronic intake paperwork in EMR
web component portal. Ensure that student information is updated
yearly and new student forms are completed appropriately.
4. Manage the center’s Electronic Health Record system, which
includes confidential mental health client records, scheduling, and
reporting functions. Manage expunging electronic files when records
are due for shredding with Director’s oversight. Maintain security
of highly sensitive data. Orient and train new staff in the uses of
5. Prepare and maintain records, files and databases some of which
may be confidential. Monitor budgets and other financial activities
that may require proficiency with math and bookkeeping through
trial balance; may be responsible for the accuracy, maintenance and
reconciliation of financial accounts, processing of payments,
transmittal reports, billing and data entry to accounts payable
6. Coordinate internal and external attendee calendars, assist
contracted psychiatrist with scheduling of students,
reserve/schedule meeting rooms and make arrangements for equipment,
seating, and refreshments, when necessary.
7. Occasionally compose, design, and produce correspondence and
reports, research data and information on the Internet; perform
intermediate and advance computer functions including managing data
bases, creating, analyzing, integrating and importing linked
spreadsheets, creating mail, envelope and table merges, creating
and editing captions, adding graphics, editing images, footnotes,
endnotes, indices, tables of content, creating master documents and
reports using information from several sources. Design and produce
reports, and research data and information on the Internet.
8. May identify and make recommendations for additional or modified
departmental systems; with approval, design and implement new or
modified systems; and with supervision, organize and coordinate
special projects including presentations, educational programs and
9. Train and supervise grad assistant to assist students and others
with scheduling, screening, and directing urgent calls, walk-ins,
confidentiality, etc. Train GA on EHR scheduling.
- May serve as internal resource on departmental administrative
- Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Three to five years’ of related experience or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of word processing and database
- Excellent organizational and communications skills also
- Ability to work independently and under deadline pressure and
to prioritize assignments while juggling multiple tasks.
- Ability to stay calm and effective in an emotionally intense
- Sensitive to diverse students and the ability to maintain
rigorous confidentiality standards.
- Experience in a behavioral health care environment
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers
rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because
of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except
where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran
status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from
time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist
on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with
the program. The College will request and expect its agents and
those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of
this important program.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- * We require all employees to be vaccinated. Are you vaccinated
or have a *valid medical or religious exemption from receiving a
COVID-19 vaccine? Applicants requesting an exemption, must complete
a Providence College request form. Exemptions are not guaranteed
approval. Completion of exemption/vaccination process must be
finalized prior to start date.
- Will request exemption
- Cover Letter