Baylor College of Medicine is looking to hire a qualified
Maintenance Mechanic with strong mechanical aptitude I to join our
The Maintenance Mechanic I is responsible for performing routine
repairs, as well as maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment.
The candidate will operate the CNRC facility.
This is primarily a night shift position with the following work
hours: Wednesday and Thursday; 11:00pm - 9:00am, Friday; 11:00pm -
7:00am, and Saturday; 7:00pm - 7:00am. Weekday shifts have some
flexibility. The candidate may be asked to work other shifts as
- Operates and maintains:
- Chilled water and steam, excluding generation.
- Potable water distribution and associated equipment.
- De ionized water generation.
- Emergency power.
- Monitoring building automated system (BAS).
- All other facility support systems.
- Responds to and resolves BAS alarms.
- Troubleshoots and performs preventive maintenance on BAS and
- Assists with preventative maintenance and repair programs.
- Provides assistance with life safety or security situations as
- High School diploma or GED with additional specialized
- One year of maintenance mechanic experience.
- Advanced mechanical training.
- Experience in a medical, research, or higher education
- Building Maintenance Certificate.
- Working knowledge of building codes.
- Some lifting (as much as 125 lbs.), climbing and respirator use
- Use of ANSI class 75 safety shoes is required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully
vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against
vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to,
COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.