A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing
academic and operational success. The Director of Human
shall have the primary responsibility to plan;
implement, and coordinate activities of an assigned human resource
program or area to maximize the strategic use of resources and
provide outstanding customer service; as well as to recruit and
retain a diverse workforce. Manages one or several human resources
functions and daily operations of a department and/or a function
within a department. This customer-centric role will support all
learning development needs and deliver tailored training programs
to meet the needs of our University audience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the Office of
Human Resources. Ensures the integrity of employee demographic and
employment data and the maintenance of all personnel; benefits; and
payroll information. Focuses on the management of all aspects of
technology service delivery; including high-level consultation with
senior leadership; proposal development; and management of multiple
- Employee Relations: Develops and administers various labor
agreements, administers grievance procedures and provides labor
- Directs and coordinates preparation of position descriptions,
and job evaluation templates, and ensures FLSA classification
- Acts as a liaison between department managers, coordinators,
- Leave Request: manage and execute leave and Family Medical
Leave (FML/FMLA) requests while complying with the local, federal,
and state regulations.
- Talent Acquisition: oversight of the recruitment and selection
process. Design; implement; and evaluation of the University's
recruitment policies and practices designed to attract and recruit
a talented and diverse workforce. Administers recruitment
activities and provides quality leadership in developing new
- Position analysis and quality assurance of job
- Collaborates with leadership on matters of policy and terms of
memoranda of understanding before and throughout the negotiation
- Collaborates with legal counsel and departments in the
preparation for and participation in negotiation with employee and
- Administers unemployment insurance processes, reviews liability
reports, monitors program costs and recommends policy changes.
- Assists, develops, streamlines, and enhances HRIS systems,
tracking reporting and analysis.
- Trains and oversees the work of assigned staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information,
protect the assets of the institution, act ethically and with
integrity, and adhere to FMU’s Code of Conduct and policies and
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and
time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability
to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Manage, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks/projects
simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity
- The position requires a master’s degree, with 3-5 years of
employee relations, human resources, training, and development
experiences directly related to the duties and responsibilities
specified. Higher education and Title IX experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, and LinkedIn Learning as well
as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure,
workflow, and operating procedures. Familiar with Jenzabar
technology suite or similar student information system for higher
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.