Director of Human Resources
- Florida Memorial University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jul 19, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Human Resources Administration, Executive, Executive Directors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic and operational success. The Director of Human Resources shall have the primary responsibility to plan; implement, and coordinate activities of an assigned human resource program or area to maximize the strategic use of resources and provide outstanding customer service; as well as to recruit and retain a diverse workforce. Manages one or several human resources functions and daily operations of a department and/or a function within a department. This customer-centric role will support all learning development needs and deliver tailored training programs to meet the needs of our University audience.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the Office of Human Resources. Ensures the integrity of employee demographic and employment data and the maintenance of all personnel; benefits; and payroll information. Focuses on the management of all aspects of technology service delivery; including high-level consultation with senior leadership; proposal development; and management of multiple projects.
- Employee Relations: Develops and administers various labor agreements, administers grievance procedures and provides labor relations support.
- Directs and coordinates preparation of position descriptions, and job evaluation templates, and ensures FLSA classification compliance.
- Acts as a liaison between department managers, coordinators, and staff.
- Leave Request: manage and execute leave and Family Medical Leave (FML/FMLA) requests while complying with the local, federal, and state regulations.
- Talent Acquisition: oversight of the recruitment and selection process. Design; implement; and evaluation of the University's recruitment policies and practices designed to attract and recruit a talented and diverse workforce. Administers recruitment activities and provides quality leadership in developing new initiatives.
- Position analysis and quality assurance of job classifications.
- Collaborates with leadership on matters of policy and terms of memoranda of understanding before and throughout the negotiation process.
- Collaborates with legal counsel and departments in the preparation for and participation in negotiation with employee and labor groups.
- Administers unemployment insurance processes, reviews liability reports, monitors program costs and recommends policy changes.
- Assists, develops, streamlines, and enhances HRIS systems, tracking reporting and analysis.
- Trains and oversees the work of assigned staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information, protect the assets of the institution, act ethically and with integrity, and adhere to FMU’s Code of Conduct and policies and procedures.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Manage, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks/projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- The position requires a master’s degree, with 3-5 years of employee relations, human resources, training, and development experiences directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Higher education and Title IX experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, and LinkedIn Learning as well as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures. Familiar with Jenzabar technology suite or similar student information system for higher education.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert