As a premier institution in agriculture and technology, SUNY
Cobleskill calls all learners to grow, to sustain, and to renew the
world and its citizens. The College acts as a reflection of, and a
catalyst for, advancement in our fields. With an emphasis on
applied learning and experiential education, SUNY Cobleskill
prepares students for successful careers, advanced studies, and
Founded in 1911, SUNY Cobleskill enrolls approximately 2000
students in 55 diverse majors. The campus sets the standard for
applied education that extends theory into practice. SUNY
Cobleskill is a community characterized by empathy, inclusivity,
respect, personal growth, integrity, and a collaborative spirit
fostering well-being and sustainable practices. We recognize and
celebrate student, faculty and staff achievements. We take pride in
our campus and encourage collaboration with our surrounding
Our modern, 902-acre campus features outstanding educational
facilities, including an equestrian center, 200-cow dairy facility,
cold and warm water fish hatcheries, specialized classrooms and
scientific laboratories, two state-of-the-art culinary arts
teaching kitchens, child development and childcare centers, and an
art gallery and graphic design center.
Drawing on a rich academic tradition that spans more than 100
years, our purpose remains constant; to educate future
entrepreneurs, scientists, thought leaders, artists, educators, and
practitioners to contribute to the sustainability of a healthy and
prosperous societal existence in concert with a robust
The SUNY Cobleskill Athletics department has recently announced
the addition of the Women's Lacrosse to its 21 Varsity sport
offerings. The department has an immediate opening for the programs
first Head Women's Lacrosse Coach. This is a full-time, 10-month
position. In the 2022-2023 academic year the coach will be
responsible for recruiting and development of the women's lacrosse
team to compete in Spring 2024. During the 2022-2023 academic year
the head coach will have other duties within the athletic
department. The candidate will be responsible for the
administration and organization of a successful program that
competes in the North Atlantic Conference and adheres to all NCAA
Division III rules.
The Head Women's Lacrosse Coach will be responsible for:
- Prepare, schedule and organize daily practice sessions focused
on skill development and preparation for team competition.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate Assistant Coaches and/or
- Organize, direct, and mentor the coaching staff to carry out
the goals and objectives of the program.
- Engage in ethical decision-making and outstanding
- Engage in regular consultation with athletic training personnel
to maximize the safety and wellness of student-athletes. Provide an
environment that places the overall welfare of student-athletes
first at all times.
- Ensure the ongoing eligibility of athletes by monitor their
academic progress; provide general advising, mentoring and support
to the women's lacrosse student-athletes.
- Administering all aspects of an effective recruitment and
retention plan to recruit qualified student-athletes in accordance
with the NCAA, North Atlantic Conference, State University of New
York (SUNY) and SUNY Cobleskill policies and procedures.
- Responsibly expend allocated budget and ensure that the budget
balances each fiscal year. Manage all aspects of fundraising for
the women's lacrosse program and assist with the overall athletic
- Engage and build the Fighting Tiger women's lacrosse alumni and
- Schedule competitions in consultation with the Athletics
- Work with the Compliance Officer in regards to all rules and
regulations of the NCAA and the North Atlantic Conference.
- Execute the responsibilities of a head coach in a manner that
reflects an ongoing commitment to the excellence, integrity and
success of the women's lacrosse program, of the Department of
Athletics, and SUNY Cobleskill.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Education, Recreation,
Sports Management or related field
- 3+ years women's lacrosse coaching experience
- Established record of women's lacrosse coaching at the
- Knowledge of rules and techniques of the sport of Women's
- Proven ability to recruit quality student-athletes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, delegation and planning ability
- Knowledge and commitment to NCAA Division III rules and
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is
preferred the candidate also have:
- Previous Women's lacrosse coaching experience at the NCAA
Division III level
- Master's degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Sports
Management or related field
- This is a salary level 4 positions, with a salary range of
$49,500 - $52,500.
- This is a full-time, 10-month, term position.
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are
some of the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive
learning and living community for our students and employees. To
achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all
final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of
employment is contingent on the successful completion of the
- This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to
verification of applicant eligibility.
SUNY Cobleskill is committed to fostering a diverse community of
outstanding faculty, staff, and students, and ensuring equal
educational and employment opportunity and access to services,
programs and activities without regard to an individual's race,
color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy,
predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic
violence victim status, criminal conviction, or any other legally
protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring
accommodation during the hiring process should contact the Human
Resources Office at (518) 255-5514.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by
the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form,
that an applicant for employment provide his or her current
compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as
the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with
compensation. If such information has been requested from you
before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee
Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNY Cobleskill's Tile IX Coordinator is Amanda Clark, who can
be contacted via phone at 518-255-5445, email at
email@example.com, or mailing address of SUNY
Cobleskill, Knapp Hall Room 123, Cobleskill, NY 12043.
The application review process will begin immediately and will
continue until a suitable candidate is found. Priority is given to
applications submitted by August 8, 2022.
A complete application consists of the following:
1. Letter of application, addressing qualifications, position
responsibilities, and college values
2. Current CV or Resume
3. Names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional
references, preferably former supervisors
* To apply you must create an account and apply through this