College of Law
Director, Development - Performance
Georgia State Law currently seeks candidates for the position of Director of Development - Performance. The Director of Development will report to the Assistant Dean for Law School Development and Alumni Affairs, and will work closely with the Dean and selected administrators to manage fundraising efforts and provide leadership across various aspects of development.
General Job Functions/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Responsible for the following Law Annual Campaign programs:
- Law Firm Campaign-Identify and recruit firm agents and law firms/corporations; manage the firm agents; coordinate the dean's meetings with participating firms; steward the firm agents
- Class Gift Campaign-Identify and recruit a committee; manage the committee; coordinate the solicitation of the 3L class; steward the 3L participants and committee
- Development and coordination of the direct mail solicitations (email and physical)
- Oversight of the governing board of the law alumni association-the Law Alumni Council; work closely with the Executive Committee to recruit class representatives; provide monthly communications with each class representative
Organize and promote alumni activities including:
- Engaging volunteers in leadership roles, creating volunteer programs, and reconnecting alumni to programs of interest
- Class reunions-recruit reunion committee, design and update reunion webpage, and direct mail
- Creation of regional alumni chapters
- Homecoming-work closely with the Georgia State University Alumni Association
- Quarterly alumni and regional alumni receptions
- Dean's Donor Club ($1,000 or more) reception
- and many other law school related events
In cooperation with the Assistant Dean of Development:
- Identify high-end annual fund and major gift prospects
- Maintains a portfolio of prospects
- Makes at least 100 face to face visits
- Develop short- and long-term strategic initiatives for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects
Part of one of the Southeast’s largest comprehensive research universities, Georgia State Law is a dynamic urban-centered law school located in the heart of Atlanta with approximately 650 full- and part-time students. The College of Law was created in 1982 based on its founders’ belief that a first-rate law school not only can, but also must be tailored to meet the needs of the students who enter its doors. Although Georgia State Law has grown substantially in scope and reputation during the last 40 years, this flexible, entrepreneurial, and student-centric spirit continues to resonate throughout our institution. The College of Law brings together a dynamic group of faculty and staff who promote scholarship and service that enriches the legal profession and communities we serve. Our community fosters a culture based on ambition, hard work, dedication, and perseverance.
Qualifications - External
Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in face-to-face solicitation of gifts of $25,000 or more; or a combination of education and related experience.
Preferred Hiring Qualifications
Higher education fundraising experience.
Demonstrated success at raising funds by developing and implementing cultivation and solicitation plans
Strong negotiation and closing skills
Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Demonstrated commitment to supporting a diverse working and learning environment
In addition to a completed application, candidates should provide a résumé, cover letter, and list of professional references.