Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences invites applications for a strategic, creative, and experienced Director of Marketing. Reporting to the Vice President of Communications and Marketing, the Director of Marketing is responsible for planning, developing, managing, and implementation of proactive marketing plans which support the College’s strategic plan and advance the brand reputation and priorities of the College. The Director will proactively collaborate with the extended College community to accurately share the stories of Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and its students, faculty, staff and alumni across all channels and mediums.
- emonstrated understanding of data-driven, multi-channel marketing strategies across a variety of media, including web, print, mail, social media, etc.
- Familiarity with leading focus groups and conducting research to inform marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated presentation skills, and project management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to be flexible and to work independently as well as harmoniously and collaboratively within teams on multiple projects to achieve results.
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage and prioritize multiple high-profile projects successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to conceptualize high-impact creative design and messaging. Ability to think strategically and analyze data and trends to best inform decision-making.
- Familiarity with current web standards, web and social media analytics, experience utilizing Google analytics and other software to maximize web utilization and to synthesize data for reporting.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, including editing digital media (photo/video) for posting or streaming via web and/or social media, and familiarity with CMS system editing.
- Ability to manage sensitive information and issues with confidentiality and represent the College professionally.
- Thrive in a collaborative work environment and have the ability to solve problems creatively.
- Be self-directed, self-motivated, and self-sufficient.
- Take responsibility for decisions, performance, and outcomes; behaves in a responsible manner with a positive attitude; shows self-awareness and openness to feedback.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, English or related field.
- 5+ years of experience leading a marketing/communications team.
- Experience in higher education preferred, including developing and executing marketing plans with clear, measurable objectives.
- Prior experience developing content and managing social media channels for an organization.