Eligible for $500 Sign-on Bonus Pay Rate:
Benefited Three-Quarter Time Position
Responsible for the coordination of food and supplies necessary for
meal services, and for the operation of the dining area assigned,
including the arrangement, cleaning and condition of furnishings
Must embody the mission of the Dining Services Department: “A Team
of Professionals dedicated to providing quality food service with a
This position is considered “Essential Personnel”
- an emergency occurs on the PEA Campus or in the vicinity that
would impact PEA;
- inclement weather forces the closing of campus or;
- other emergency events deemed appropriate.
Essential Personnel are required to report to or remain at work if
instructed to do so if contacted directly by the supervisor (or
his/her designee), the Principal or a member of the Principal’s
Staff (Leadership Team).
- Ensures and maintains a high level of customer service in the
- Monitors the quality and quantity of all food served.
- Ensures that food and beverage equipment are operational at the
- Ensures proper set up and break down of all dining areas.
- Sets up, maintains, and breaks down serving lines, including
slicing deli meat.
- Ensures that all foods are served in accordance with HAACP
standards, policies and procedures.
- Informs lead food service worker and/or manager of any
problems, requests or opportunities.
- Be prepared to answers guests’ questions regarding all prepared
foods, including but not limited to the ingredients, methods of
preparation and known allergens.
- Promotes a positive and congenial atmosphere for students,
employees and other customers.
- Stocks, operates, and monitors appropriate equipment needed for
- Sets up, maintains, replenishes, and breaks down hot carts,
salad/sandwich/breakfast/dessert bars as needed.
- Keeps accurate meal counts of guests during special
- Completes proper guest slips and takes cash from paying
- Weight pre-consumer waste using the LeanPath system.
- Ensures that all areas of the dining room are cleaned and
maintained, including tables, chairs, floors, equipment and
- Keeps up-to-date on emergency procedures and be prepared to
implement when necessary.
- Practices proper cleaning procedures and observes all MSDS
policies/procedures for safety and sanitation.
- Obeys all local, state, and federal safety health codes.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Some college experience helpful.
- ServSafe certification is required. Must be able to obtain
certificate within 60 days of hire (attend required class and pass
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience in an academic institution preferred.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
- Knowledge of food presentation and the use of appropriate
equipment and tools preferred.
- Ability to discuss food ingredients, including allergens, and
preparation methods with guests.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an
orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in
all aspects of Academy life.
- Ability to perform basic math computations.
- Ability to correctly identify food products.
- Must possess knowledge and commit to health and safety
procedures with food handling and preparation.
- Practices excellent personal hygiene habits; follows and
adheres to uniform standards daily.
- Regular and consistent attendance with the ability to work a
flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and under short
- Must possess excellent guest service and hospitality skills and
projects a positive image while interacting with students, faculty,
staff and guests.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and
maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a
strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
and deadlines simultaneously.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be
flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a
professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including
stressful situations. .
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Ability and dexterity to grasp and grip and safely operate
commercial kitchen equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50lbs without
- Ability to work under a range of temperature conditions such as
withstanding exposure to extreme heat in the kitchen or extreme
cold from freezers.
COVID Vaccine Policy:
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed
every 5 years).
- Must consistently wear assigned uniform and equipment and
adhere to the appearance guidelines.
Phillips Exeter Academy requires all community members to be fully
vaccinated* against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19
*With the exception of a PEA-approved medical or religious