The Department of Cinema & Media Arts at Vanderbilt University invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure-track, Senior Lecturer position in film and digital media production. We seek a colleague who is committed to offering high quality, student-centered teaching, with the ability to offer a wide range of production courses, and an interest in contributing to a robust, diverse, and growing department. This position carries a 3-3 teaching load. Senior Lecturers teach core production courses in the major, work with our students on immersive learning projects, and contribute to the interdisciplinary mission of the department, the college, and the university. Appointment begins August 16, 2023. The successful candidate would receive a three-year appointment with the possibility of renewal, conditional on institutional need and instructor performance.
- Hold an MFA or equivalent terminal degree awarded no later than August 15, 2023
- Supply evidence of teaching effectiveness, including teaching evaluations if available
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting diverse perspectives
Areas of expertise may include, but are not limited to:
- Fiction and non-fiction production
- Experimental and hybrid media forms
Ideal candidates will have college-level teaching experience, an active creative practice, and be conversant in contemporary media theory and history. We actively seek those with an interest in gender equality, and whose work and pedagogy enhance the experience of traditionally excluded populations in media and the arts.
Applicants should submit the following via Interfolio:
- Cover letter
- Sample Syllabi
- Two-to-three samples of Creative Work via web link
- Teaching evaluations
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy that indicates evidence of a commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Three letters of Recommendation
Applications are due Monday, October 3, for highest consideration, though position will remain open until filled.