The College of Nursing at Xavier University is seeking experienced, innovative, and highly motivated candidates for several full-time tenure and non-tenure track faculty positions. Successful candidates are expected to teach in our nursing programs in one or more of the specialty areas such as pediatric, medical-surgical, community health, psych-mental health and/or critical care. Candidates with expertise in more than one specialty area are highly desirable. Successful candidates are expected to teach in classroom, lab, and/or clinical setting. These are not remote or online teaching positions.
Successful candidates will also have responsibilities including course development/revision and evaluation, assessment of students’ learning, and student advising. Additionally, candidates should demonstrate potential for commitment to service and professional development/scholarship.
Desired clinical areas of expertise include pediatrics, adult health/medical-surgical nursing, psych-mental health, community health, and/or critical care. Candidates with expertise in more than one specialty area are highly desired.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in Ohio
- Minimum of four years of experience in the area of instruction as a registered nurse in a specialty area such as pediatrics and/or medical surgical
- A graduate degree in nursing is required
- A doctoral degree in nursing or a related field is preferred or have a plan for completing a doctoral program within 5 years
- Two years of previous teaching experience in nursing is preferred
- Knowledge of curriculum development, methods of teaching, and evaluation are desired
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a strong commitment to working as part of a collaborative team
Xavier University is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion and diversity. These values are central to our mission. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure prompt consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by August 1, 2022. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled. Candidates are also asked to include in their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.