The Enrollment and Admissions team at Cornell Tech is charged with attracting, selecting, and matriculating the highest caliber of diverse students into the campus’ graduate programs. Reporting to the Director of Enrollment and Admissions, we seek an experienced Assistant Director to play a critical role in growing and evolving the enrollment management strategy at Cornell Tech. This role’s primary focus is on serving as a technical and operations support for Cornell Tech’s technical programs including the Jacobs Technion-Cornell Dual MS Degree Programs, but they will also support digital activities including social media activities across all master’s degree programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain current data sets for admissions-related, student recruitment and current student data to align key metrics of student outcomes. Create statistical reports, modeling and projecting application volume in collaboration with the Director.
- Create and maintain an enrollment & student data dashboards via SLATE that measure progression key metrics and goals;
- Support digital and social media activities via various platforms including LinkedIn and Twitter across all programs at Cornell Tech;
- Manage web updates for master’s programs and admissions-related webpages in collaboration with Strategic Communications team and Ithaca-based marketing teams.
- Manage and produce print/digital marketing materials.
- Cultivate relationships and collaborate with other academic units at the university, college and department levels which includes but is not limited to Institutional Resource and Planning (IRP),Cornell Information Technologies (CIT), College of Engineering (COE), Computing and Information Science (CIS), S.C. Johnson School of Management, and Cornell Law School to maintain effective reporting capability;
- Work collaboratively with associate deans and faculty program directors to oversee the operations of the admissions process, ensuring excellence in organization and communication of admissions policies.
- Work with faculty, as a member of the Admissions Committee, to ensure effective evaluation of applications, interviews and recommendations for admissions decisions.
- Provide insight and guidance on selection, scholarships and yield, as well as coordinating and assessing admissions criteria to develop an effective recruiting plan.
- Collaborate on the creation and implementation of marketing efforts via event planning, digital initiatives, information sessions and alumni engagement, intended to cultivate and matriculate the incoming class.
- Some travel is required along with evening and weekend hours.
Percentage Breakdown of Responsibilities:
- 20% Marketing
- 35% Admissions Processing
- 30% Recruiting
- 10% Data Management and Reporting
- 5% As needed support to other departments
- Master’s degree in a relevant or related field; and/or additional work experience is preferred.
- Professional experience in the higher education and/or admissions and recruitment context, particularly in technical graduate programs, is strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience with SLATE or other CRM as well as familiarity with social media campaigns via various platforms including LinkedIn and Twitter is preferred.