The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences seeks applicants for a full-time position as an Educational Program Assistant 1 for the Institute for the Brain and Cognitive Sciences (IBACS). This position is part of a College-wide effort to build stability and support for CLAS support staff and is key to supporting the Institute and College's mission for administrative success. Under the supervision of the IBACS Educational Program Administrator, the incumbent will provide administrative and programmatic support to the Institute and its supported programs including training grants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates program logistics and administrative support as a team member of the Institute’s administrative core.
- Provides administrative support to the Institute Directors and program heads as needed.
- Assists in preparing, organizing, and documenting materials for meetings of the IBACS Executive, Internal Advisory, and supported programs.
- Plans and executes aspects of Institute events, outreach activities, and promotional materials related to the Institute and supported programs.
- Serves as a resource for students, faculty, and outside groups on matters relating to the Institute.
- Assists in completing and advertising the Institute’s annual cycle of activities such as Seed Grants, Graduate Fellowships, Undergraduate Awards, and Travel Awards.
- Coordinates or assists in booking travel for Institute members, awardees, and guests; answer questions related to travel and reimbursement.
- Maintains accurate records and may assist in assembling data and preparing annual reports.
- Maintains programmatic websites as needed.
- Assists in organizing talk series and joint schedules.
- Maintains calendars, schedules, and key/equipment sign-outs; submits work orders as needed.
- Provides general office support, including answering phones, responding to inquiries, and directing calls.
- May assist in the preparation of budgets and monitor expenditures.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and up to one year of related experience; or an Associate's degree and two to three years of related experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, in a complex environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, neuro/cognitive/brains science, linguistics, or related field.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Ability to work with diverse student, administrative, and faculty populations and provide a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational setting.
- Experience using UConn systems and policies, event planning, website management (WordPress), and graphic design; experience providing program support in higher education or grant management; experience with a variety of computer applications, including MS Office Suite.
This is a full-time temporary, end-dated position funded until 2025 with the potential for renewal annually. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496590 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on August 3, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.