This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the
provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes
the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Assistant/Associate Professor of Neuroscience
Assistant or Associate Professor
Commensurate with education and experience.
Full-Time Tenure Track
College of Osteopathic Medicine
Department of Molecular & Cellular Biology
Refer Applicants To
Chair of Molecular and Cellular Biology
925 City Central Avenue
Conroe, TX 77304
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
Sam Houston State University College of Osteopathic Medicine is
seeking a full-time, tenure-track Neuroscience faculty member at
the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The successful
• Contributes to the development and delivery of an integrated
• Collaborates with clinical and biomedical faculty to integrate
neuroscience concepts throughout the medical education
• Utilizes a variety of teaching methods including large and small
group discussions, case reports, grand rounds, and other
• Writes COMLEX - USA and USMLE exam-style questions.
• Develops research initiatives that align with the mission of Sam
Houston State University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
• Serves as a faculty advisor and research mentor to medical
• Participates in faculty development.
• Serves as course director for Neuroscience and Behavior.
Educational Requirements for the Position
PhD or equivalent degree in neurophysiology, neuroscience,
neurobiology, or related field from an accredited university. A DO
or MD degree with appropriate experience may also apply.
Experience Required for the Position
A minimum of 3 years experience in an academic institution teaching
neuroscience at the graduate or professional level, with medical
Other Requirements for the Position
Experience using different teaching methods, which includes
case-based learning, ‘flipped classroom,’ interactive large group
presentation, audience response systems, and curriculum delivery
systems (Blackboard) is highly preferred; experience with
curricular and instructional design is desired.
Special Instructions Summary
Note: While Sam Houston State University main-campus is located
in Huntsville, TX, this position is located in the Grand Central
Park community of Conroe, TX – just 5 miles N of The Woodlands, and
35 miles N of Houston.
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Security and Fire Safety Report
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- SHSU Recruiter
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Reference Contact Information
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research & Goals