The University of Georgia College of Engineering seeks a Director of Corporate Engagement to work closely with the corporate partners and supporters of UGA Engineering. The primary objective of the Director of Corporate Engagement will be to build robust partnerships with corporation focusing on talent/recruitment, research and project based partnership and soliciting for philanthropic support for UGA Engineering’s mission of Learning, Discovery & Innovation. The Director of Corporate Engagement will:
- report directly to the Senior Director of Development for UGA Engineering and performance will be based on agreed upon metrics around meetings, solicitations, gifts closed and dollars raised
- manage the UGA Engineering Corporate Partner program and also be the direct supervisor of the Alumni & Employer Relations Coordinator
- maintain, grow and develop new corporate philanthropic partnerships
- collaborate both internally within the UGA Engineering Development team, but also with UGA Engineering research and faculty, the UGA Engineering Office of Student Success, the Assistant Dean of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, the UGA Engineering Senior Director of Operations and team, the Dean of UGA Engineering and Central Development and specifically its Office of Business Engagement.
- Master’s degree and 7+ years of fundraising and/or applicable experience
- Management experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES and/or COMPETENCIES
- top notch relationship-building and management skills
- ability to immediately build rapport with existing and new partners
- dynamic leadership style and an outcomes-oriented approach
- excellent communicator with strong writing skills, highly organized, and able to accomplish a number of tasks under general supervision
- self-motivated and metric driven and be comfortable with a high-paced active environment.
- comfortable with soliciting funds to benefit UGA Engineering’s mission in Discovery, Learning & Innovation
EEO Policy Statement: The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).