Come join and be part of our finance team at AURA’s Central Administrative Services group that supports the day-to-day operations for a $170 million division. AURA’s Centers enable the next decade of astronomical discoveries through world-class facilities and science.
The Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst – Government Compliance is responsible for AURA’s Indirect cost and rate management including cost allocations, financial analysis and reporting for corporate functions and completing ad hoc financial analysis. The role requires the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines, extreme attention to detail, and consistently accurate, high quality financial analyses.
Indirect Cost and Rate Management
- Perform in-depth financial analysis of indirect and fringe costs against OMB and FAR cost regulations
- Interface with programmatic, contracts, and finance teams daily to resolve any outstanding indirect or fringe cost issues and assist the programmatic teams with any specific performer financial
- Provide compliance, financial, and budget analyses of indirect and fringe costs
- Support AURA’s Indirect Cost management processes to include preparation of annual NICRA rates proposal, Incurred Cost Submission (ICS) preparation and incurred cost audits (ICAs).
- Responsible for maintaining monthly NICRA rate and allocation modeling.
- Support AURA’s indirect rate development and modeling during quarterly forecast and annual budgeting process
- Provide performance management analysis to leadership tracking progress of indirect rate negotiations and indirect and fringe rates in the context of total budget submissions
- Use financial module to reconcile and identify any pool or account setup issues, work with stakeholders to make adjustment in Costpoint to fix the issues.
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Conduct analyses and reporting for corporate functions including, monthly financial analysis, reforecasting, variance analysis, pipeline analysis, and graphical summaries of business unit financial performance
- Assist with supporting any ad-hoc financial tasks, including budget review, financial viability reviews, and accounting practices analysis
- All AURA employees are responsible for the proper management and control of all AURA property within their work area, whether assigned to them or someone else. This responsibility includes reporting any known missing, stolen, or non-working property in their work area to their supervisor or the AURA Property Officer.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with government award terms and conditions assigned to this position or subordinates of this position as defined in the Vela Award Management system
- Other duties as assigned
- FP&A Analyst: Bachelor’s degree and six years of relevant professional experience or master’s degree and 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Working knowledge of Deltek Costpoint.
- Experience in US Government Cost Accounting principles and/or indirect rate models.
- Understanding and application of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and/or Uniform Guidance
- Ability to present complex information in a concise, straightforward manner to non-finance audiences.
- High proficiency in MS Excel (e.g., formulas, pivot tables, tables and graph production) and in MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to write precisely and concisely.
- Ability to work independently, under time constrainst, and meet deadlines.
- Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- Working knowledge of COGNOS/BI8.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This work is mostly carried out in an office environment. Long periods of sitting may be required.
Given the international nature of AURA’s work, you may need to travel to the various observatory sites (Arizona, Chile, and Hawai’i) and other locations for business purposes.
AURA offers a mix-model workspace (office & virtual) and stimulating environments for all.
We also offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Highlights:
- Health Benefits – Start first on the month following hire
- Retirement Options:
- 401(a) Money Purchase Pension Plan / 10% Employer Contribution
- 403(b) / Your own retirement contribution
- Paid Time Off:
- Vacation / Accrual of up to 24 days per/yr.
- Paid Sick Leave / 8 hour per/mo.
- Holiday Time / 10 days per/yr.
And much more so please explore:
AURA, as a leader in the astronomical community, is committed to diversity and inclusion. AURA develops and supports programs that advance our organizational commitment to diversity, broaden participation, and encourage the advancement of diversity throughout the astronomical scientific workforce. Learn more at http://www.aura-astronomy.org/diversity
TO APPLY: Share your experience by uploading a resume and completing an online application. Please list 3 professional references in your application (references will only be contacted later in the recruitment process) and attach a cover letter and CV or resume (PDF files preferred) to your application. Please name any attachments with the following format: LastnameDocname. Application documents that are not uploaded as part of the application may be sent to email@example.com.
COVID-19 Policy Update: AURA has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy that requires all employees to be vaccinated, unless qualified for an exemption based on medical or religious reasons. All new employees will be required to comply with this policy and will be required to present proof of full vaccination or submit a completed request (including supporting documents, if applicable) for an exemption at least five (5) business days prior to their start of employment. Individuals who fail to meet this deadline may have their employment start date delayed.
This is a requirement for all employees working onsite or from home (telework or hybrid remote work schedule). Currently the vaccination requirement does not apply to any future AURA employees working in Chile, regardless of their nationality or type of contract.
AURA currently offers a mix-model workspace (office & virtual) and stimulating environments for all, with most staff working virtually from home during the COVID-19 crisis through Spring 2022. The safety of our staff and community is our top priority. We will continue to interview and screen candidates in this new virtual landscape and offers of employment can be extended and new hires will onboard virtually. Employees are required to be residents in their base job location within a limited time from their start date.
Preference will be given to qualified internal candidates and to qualified Native Americans living on or near the Tohono O'odham reservation in Arizona.
Veterans, disabled individuals, or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process should request assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) is a consortium of over 40 US institutions and three international affiliates that operates world-class astronomical observatories. AURA’s role is to establish, nurture, and promote public observatories and facilities that advance innovative astronomical research. AURA is responsible for managing the operations of the NSF’s NOIRLab, the National Solar Observatory, and the construction of the Vera C. Rubin Observatory and the Daniel K. Inouye Solar Telescope under cooperative agreements with the National Science Foundation and operations of the Space Telescope Science Institute under contracts with NASA.
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is considered a government contractor and is subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, AURA does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, disability, and/or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws.