ADJUNCT FACULTY, PART-TIME GEOGRAPHY
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
Kennedy King College is currently seeking a part-time Faculty to
teach Geography during the Fall semester. If you have passion for
teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the
community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate
will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and
using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse
needs and engage the student in critical thinking and
Position provides direct instruction to students in the appropriate
discipline/content area. Assist students with mastering key
concepts and learning outcomes associated with the assigned course
as well as the program/department
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’
active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’
intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using
discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals
and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people
and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying
confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic
and professional communities, and promote collaboration and
teamwork among members of these communities.
- Provide instruction during scheduled class time.
- Prepare, deliver, and facilitate class lectures and discussions
to students on topics related to course objectives and student
- Prepare course materials, including course syllabi; evaluate
student work/performance; log student participation (i.e.,
attendance); and develop assessment instruments to measure student
learning and other resources necessary to support classroom
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations; evaluate and grade
students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Hold office hours for student conferences and other
instructional support needs.
- Participate in various department and or college-wide
activities or committees.
- Complete all mandatory midterm/final grading and active pursuit
certifications required by the college.
- Master's Degree in Geography or related field
- Experience teaching remotely (via web-based platforms such as
Brightspace Learning Management System, Go Meetings, or Zoom),
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to
communicate with diverse group of staff and students required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the
City Colleges of Chicago is an affirmative action equal opportunity
Thank you for your interest in CCC!