Research Compliance Coordinator 81323BR
Research Compliance Coord
The department is seeking a Research Compliance Coordinator that understands University research and academic compliance programs. This individual will promote a culture of compliance by leading and coordinating institution-wide compliance initiatives.
This position will be responsible for ensuring the organization is informed and kept current on new and revised research compliance requirements as identified in applicable federal, state, sponsor, ABOR, and University rules and regulations; formulating recommended revisions to existing internal policies and internal procedures to reflect new or revised rules and regulations, for changes resulting from audit findings, and/or to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness, and managing the University’s institutional certifications associated with sponsored research and institutional research reporting requirements.
Ofc Research/Sponsored Project
KNOWLEDGE ENTERPRISE DEV
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$49,725 - $50,000 per year; DOE
- Acts as administrative resource to academic and research faculty and staff on compliance matters related to University research.
- Assists academic and research faculty and staff on research compliance matters by: reviewing applicable rules and regulations and recommending revisions to internal policy and procedures as a result of and/or as may be required; problem solving assistance; compiling metrics information from existing database systems for analysis; tracking changes to regulatory and institutional guidelines as they occur and preparing updates for distribution; and answering questions to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory controls including, but not limited to: sponsor, ABOR, university, state and federal regulations.
- Manage University institutional research certifications to include coordinating certification responses with the applicable University stakeholders and performing institutional research reporting as may be required.
- Support ASU compliance staff as needed in the conduct of compliance board/committee meetings, processing of existing or new submissions, and reviewing and implementation of forms, policies and standard operating procedures.
- Lead and facilitate compliance trainings to the University community on new or revised research compliance policies or procedures.
- Develop and prepare reports and contribute to information gathering initiatives as they arise.
- Prepare talking points, meeting summaries, reports, and presentations as needed reflecting research compliance policy, procedures and processes.
- Perform gap analysis of existing policies and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required and three years year of related experience. Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b (a) (3).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of applicable federal policies and regulations as they relate to University research compliance areas and the administration of US federally sponsored awards and grants/contracts would be beneficial for this position.
- Experience in following standard practices and procedures in analyzing information from which answers can be readily determined.
- Evidence in being team oriented; able to effectively respond to routine situations involving potentially several university constituencies
- Experience in following directions set by supervisor
- Experience in providing ideas and recommendations to resolve routine and moderately complex issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of requirements for assigned responsibilities.
- Experience working with supervisor to prioritize and manage time.
- Evidence of collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective professional working relationships.
- Experience in referring issues to more senior staff and/or supervisor for guidance.
- Experience in assisting with data gathering and initial analysis under direction of more senior staff member.
- Experience in supporting a customer group and works with other internal university stakeholders
- Evidence of effective communication skills and ability to interact with process owners and senior level management, faculty and staff across the University at a variety of levels and positions.
- The ability to read, with understanding, regulatory documentation, and interpret, analyze and apply federal, state and local regulations, along with University rules and regulations to daily operational policy and procedures.
- The ability to think critically, logically and analytically and problem solve
- Experience with time management and prioritization skills with ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Self-motivation, be results oriented, initiative, and broad thinking
- Work well independently as well as contribute to team efforts
- Experience with computer skills with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, databases and graphics
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting. Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer, bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds. Ability to clearly communicate verbally in English, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties. Ability to analyze potentially complex state and federal regulations. Expected to be responsive to customers, engaged in work production, resourceful, flexible, and respectful of others. Ability to work both independently or within a structured team. Works from general instructions on standard job duties and specific directions/ instructions on new assignments. Exercise judgment within defined procedures & practices to determine appropriate solutions and action.
For the seven year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all five years the category has existed.
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience