Administrative Assistant - Vice-President's
VP, Student Engagement
Performs a variety of administrative and staff support duties for
the Vice President of Academic or Student Affairs. Duties require a
range of skills and knowledge of organizational policies and
procedures. Resolves administrative problems and inquiries;
composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence and reports, and
prepares a range of administrative documents. Assists staff,
faculty, students and parents as needed.
Primary Duties Performed:
- Serves as a central point of liaison with other departments in
the resolution of a variety of day-to-day matters concerning the
Vice President’s office.
- May maintain records regarding finances, completed contracts
sent, personnel actions, and enrollments as they relate to the Vice
President’s office. Monitors office expenditures, performs routine
calculations in the processing of data.
- Provides administrative support for the Vice President’s office
to include screening and handling telephone communications,
greeting and directing visitors, students, and parents; deals with
administrative problems and inquiries, as appropriate; serves as a
primary point of contact and liaison between the office, students,
and faculty on a range of day-to-day issues.
- Gathers information for Vice President on sensitive issues
which necessitate collaboration relating to academic or
student-related problems. Maintains documentation.
- May organize meetings or assist with special events; schedules
and coordinates appointments on the Vice President’s calendar; may
take minutes and provide administrative support and follow-up on
matters arising from meetings.
- Gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain records and
databases; establishes and maintains files and records of a
- May carry out and coordinate administrative activities
associated with the office of the Vice President of Academic
Affairs, such as tenure, contracts, sabbaticals, and promotion of
- May assist in building the class schedule for the office of the
Vice President of Academic or Student Affairs.
- Composes written documentation and correspondence for the Vice
President’s office; screens incoming and outgoing correspondence
and prepares responses as appropriate.
- Processes travel documents and makes arrangements, if
- Prepares appropriate documents to requisition supplies, handle
maintenance issues and other services.
- Assists in processing pay documents for personnel assigned to
the Vice President’s office.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of progressively responsible secretarial work
- Must pass skills assessment at the intermediate level of
proficiency in Microsoft Word software.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
St. Louis Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse
backgrounds, experience, and ideas who embrace and value diversity