The Department of Physiology and Neurobiology in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) seeks applicants for a full-time position as an Educational Program Assistant 1. Under the supervision of the departmental Educational Program Coordinator, the successful candidate will provide programmatic and administrative support to the Physiology & Neurobiology Department (PNB). They are expected to work independently and collaboratively with the other PNB office staff members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative, financial, and program support for the Department.
- Assists with professional, classified, graduate, special payroll, and student employment paperwork, including visa-related paperwork for international students, in consultation with the CLAS Business Services Center and Grant Management Services.
- Assists in the processing of a variety of financial transactions including travel, payroll, and other tasks such as credit card reconciliations.
- Assists with undergraduate course registration in collaboration with CLAS.
- Collects and organizes data necessary for programmatic reporting, accreditation, and external funding applications.
- Updates departmental web pages and links.
- Supports the coordination of externally and internally funded undergraduate and graduate programs in the Department, including application screening, arranging for interviews, and providing support for accepted students.
- Creates and disseminates documents related to the Program, including newsletters, brochures, posters via web pages, social media, etc.
- Coordinate departmental outreach efforts.
- Supports departmental efforts in graduate recruitment and admissions.
- Provide basic technical support for the Department, such as coordinating virtual seminars, online ballots, coordinating research equipment service contracts and repairs.
- Other related duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and up to one year of related experience OR Associate's degree and two to three years of related experience.
- Ability to work independently and regularly exercise judgment regarding administrative and program support details and procedures.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent work ethic, interpersonal skills, dependability, consistency, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a higher education setting
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent computer skills including but not limited to intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Ability to learn new skills and be flexible, including, but not limited to learning university software and programs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to engage, connect, and work with diverse student, administrative, and faculty populations and provide a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational setting.
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496581 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on July 29, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.