The Associate Vice President/Vice President of Enrollment Management provides overall leadership and direction for Saint Peter’s University student recruitment, admissions, strategy and communications, marketing, and financial aid programs. The Associate Vice President/Vice President of Enrollment Management is responsible for developing an enrollment services program built upon quantitative analysis, strategic decision making, in addition to continuous improvement while fostering a culture that emphasizes strong personal relationships, a high-touch, customer-service approach, communication and transparency, entrepreneurism, flexibility, and collaboration.
In addition to meeting and exceeding enrollment and net tuition revenue goals that exemplify the University’s mission and the University’s business goals, success for the Associate Vice President/Vice President of Enrollment Management will be determined, in great part, by these factors: vision, leadership, and the ability to establish strong strategic partnerships with the Executive Vice President, senior staff, University departments and programs, and the Board of Trustees.
Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Vice President the Associate Vice President/Vice President of Enrollment Management will lead the enrollment team (undergraduate and graduate). The Associate Vice President/Vice President will join a tight-knit, collegial and dedicated team of leaders who are eager to support the enrollment effort through collaborative thinking and action.
Enrollment is currently approximately 1,700 undergraduates and 1000+ graduate students, Saint Peter’s aspires to achieve an increase in both the numbers of students and net tuition revenue. In addition, the Associate Vice President/Vice President will lead the effort to strengthen the visibility of the University; development of new programs at the undergraduate, graduate and on-line areas, the Associate Vice President/Vice President will promote the value of a Saint Peter’s University education.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reflect, articulate, and promote the mission, vision, and identity of the University, both internally and externally.
- Manage the strategic relationship between the roles of marketing, financial aid, undergraduate and graduate enrollment.
- Achieve enrollment and retention objectives as established annually.
- Expertise and a spirit of collaboration in financial management, including cooperation with the Business Office of the university.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Vice President and other senior leaders to formulate and execute the University's strategic plan, giving special attention to those areas that have enrollment and marketing implications.
- Recommend for the Executive Vice President’s approval annual enrollment goals, market trends and financial aid projections.
- In collaboration with the Executive Vice President and the Vice President for Finance and Business, recommend for approval any and all discount rates and report on all discounts at least annually to the Board of Trustees.
- Serve as the University expert on matters of recruitment, admission, marketing and financial aid practices, policies and strategies.
- Develop and lead a university-wide enrollment marketing and communication strategy that supports the University's mission, aligns with enrollment objectives, and appropriately informs key constituents about the school's strategic direction, achievements and priorities.
- Take responsibility for corporate marketing plan, strategy and team
- Provide vision, leadership, mentorship, and management for those administrators and staff who report to the Associate Vice President/Vice President.
- Create opportunities for professional growth and development of enrollment management personnel.
- Establish measurable goals and objectives for areas of responsibility and develop/execute plans to achieve those objectives.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Vice President, Vice President for Finance, Strategic Budget and Planning Committee, and other key team members, to create and execute a recruitment and enrollment plan with consideration for a comprehensive student aid strategy and program. Marry the recruitment plan, discount rate with the overall enrollment budget plan for the University in order to contribute to the University revenue.
- Work collaboratively with University Communications to plan, organize, and execute a comprehensive and integrated regional, national, international brand marketing, and communication plan that assists with the long-term health of the University’s brand and message.
- Oversee the establishment of application policies and procedures, and coordinate the proper evaluation of applicants serving as a liaison with admissions staff and members of the faculty.
- Provide leadership in the development of all admissions literature as well as other marketing and advertising materials.
- Coordinate market research and on-going data base management programs, while constantly reviewing and analyzing the effectiveness of all phases of the operation, including revisions as necessary.
- Serve in a liaison capacity with internal and external constituencies including the faculty, staff, alumni, high school and college counselors, and prospective students and parents. Develop and foster pathway relationships in partnership with Academic Affairs for graduate, transfer and international student enrollment.
- Represent the University in a speaking capacity at various types of enrollment related programs; serve as a spokesperson on behalf of the University for media-invited response.
- Collaborate with offices in Academic Affairs to support retention activities.
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of student financial aid policies, procedures, awards, scholarship programs, and budget levels. Continually assess and strengthen all phases of the enrollment management operation. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Vice President.
- Supervisory Responsibility over staff hires (makes hiring decisions), oversees staff work (directs work activities), and evaluates staff work (completes performance reviews/addresses performance concerns).
A master's degree from an accredited institution (doctorate preferred) and at least 10 years of progressive experience in executive leadership, enrollment and marketing on a college campus, culminating in significant experience as a chief enrollment officer.
- Proven collaborative, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- A working knowledge of student recruitment, marketing, advising, and retention strategies
- A current and working understanding of matters of compliance and confidentiality in the use of student information for recruitment, enrollment, and financial aid (i.e. FERPA laws)
- A personal record of enrollment leadership and service that shows integrity, accountability, and ability to achieve goals
- A personal record of building a strong enrollment team including the ability to hire, mentor, and hold team members accountable for meeting office and University goals and expectations
- A proven ability to manage complex budgets for the Enrollment area
- A proven ability to promote diversity and cultural competencies within the Enrollment area
- A working knowledge and proven ability to use analytics as part of a comprehensive enrollment strategic plan including:
- the strategic application of financial aid resources to achieve enrollment and net revenue goals
- the analysis of key metrics to evaluate return on investment for enrollment strategies
- the understanding of trend data to position the University's enrollment efforts in the most productive directions.
- proven ability to serve as a role model of personal integrity, spiritual leadership and excellence consistent with the values embraced by the campus community
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Required Skills
- A commitment to the Jesuit values and mission of Saint Peter’s University and a dedication to student-centered service to prospective students and their families. Ability to work collegially regardless of position and experience; the ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with colleagues from the faculty and other key groups across the University campus. The ability to analyze and solve problems in an efficient and effective manner; embrace a philosophy of transparency and honesty while working to take responsibility and accountability. A working knowledge of and ability to implement "best practices" for enrollment and financial aid activities Possess experience with CRM systems (SLATE preferred) and know how to develop marketing analytics, reports and provide analysis to inform leadership and direction of projects and strategies. Work under pressure, be a self-starter, comfortable to work autonomously but be very team oriented. Strong work ethic and willingness to go above and beyond. Strong organization and project management skills. Sense of humor, positive attitude, strong work ethic and commitment to supporting Saint Peter’s University’s strategic plan for success. Desire to participate in the Saint Peter’s University community.
THE UNIVERSITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE, ADD, OR REASSIGN JOB DUTIES OR COMBINE POSITIONS, OR PORTIONS THEREOF, AT ANYTIME. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT OR CONTRACT.