Posting Details (Default Section)
International Student Advisor
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
International Student Services-Metro
Hiring Manager Title:
University Director of International Enrollment
Commensurate with Experience
The International Student Advisor reports to the University
Director of International Enrollment. Responsibilities include
advising international students on cultural, immigration, and
personal concerns; developing and implementing social and cultural
programming in tandem with various culture clubs; assisting with
the augmentation of new student orientation programs on both
campuses; developing connections with off campus resources; and
monitoring and developing social media communication for the office
to maximize student retention and graduation.
The incumbent acts as a Designated School Official ( DSO ) in
matters related to the Department of Homeland Security ( DHS )
regulations, policies and procedures. The Advisor supports student
visa form production and data management in the Office of
International Student Services for international students admitted
and enrolled in programs offered on both campuses.
The Advisor tracks international student information through the
Colleague/Datatel and the International Student Portal on the Terra
Dotta system and updates SEVIS records with status events, produces
government forms, electronically reports federally mandated data to
the US government and receives status adjudication information from
US Department of Homeland Security. Responsibilities include
advising students to make decisions in compliance with DHS and
student status, and serving as interface with Colleague/Datatel,
Terra Dotta, and SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution.
2. Experience working with student advising and/or data
3. Familiarity with USCIS and Department of Homeland Security
guidelines and regulations governing F-1 status.
4. Familiarity with Colleague/Datatel or other University
databases, and Terra Dotta system or other information
5. Excellent organizational skills.
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
7. Knowledge of use and functions of social media programs and
comfort with communicating with students through social media
8. Ability to communicate with people of different cultural and
9. Ability to work independently and as an effective team
10. Travel between campus offices and to off-campus locations is
required. Must have a valid driver’s license and accessibility to
11. Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
12. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter