This is currently a unique opportunity to join and contribute to the growing research and educational programs in Vinmec Healthcare System as well as the upcoming VinUniversity College of Health Sciences (VU-HS). Vinmec desires a collegial, collaborative, outstanding medical educator with significant higher medical education career (particularly in residency program leadership).
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of leadership in higher education curriculum design, development and implementation in the University sector specifically in graduate medical programs, broad collaborative network.
This position is a full-time faculty appointment with a competitive start-up package. Vinmec and Vingroup offers an excellent remuneration package with various benefits of a leading private business corporation in Vietnam. More importantly, this is a great career opportunity for those academic leaders who want to pursuit a meaningful journey to improve the quality of health care service and education reform with great impact on one of the largest populations in Asia.
Faculty rank and salary package will be commensurate with qualifications, regardless of gender, ethnicity, countries of origin, or religious background.
Reports to: Dean of Health Sciences
Medical education program development and leadership
- The successful candidate is expected to work closely with the Penn and Vinmec educational leaders, other Program Directors of Pediatrics Residency and General Surgery residency, Directors of MD Program as well as the Vinmec Hospital Clinical leaderboard on all aspects of the development and implementation of the Pediatrics Program.
- Take lead and responsibility for the development and implementation of the curriculum for the Pediatrics program at VU-HS/Vinmec hospital.
- Provide leadership on course development, curriculum development and implementation, course quality assurance and improvement, and professional accreditation for Residency education programs at VU-HS.
- Provide leadership at course levels for implementation of teaching and learning priorities such as competency based education, student centered learning, clinical teacher appraisal and articulation to post graduate’s program.
- Promote the development of active teaching and learning practices in the delivery of the course ensuring integration of graduate attributes and competency standards across the course.
- Manage and oversee budgets for strategic funds allocated to course development.
Human Resource development, mentoring, and clinical teaching
- The candidate is also expected to maintain leadership and mentorship capability in advising Vinmec and other partnering hospital team members within his/her area of expertise to build up the clinical faculty team for Pediatrics Program
- The candidate is expected to teach in his/her area of expertise to Vinmec junior team members, VU-HS students in professional (health sciences discipline) and graduate programs.
- Work with the VU-HS leaderboard to develop a profile of suitable candidates to teach in the course and participate in selection committees for position appointments.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for the professional development of faculty members of graduate medical program at VU-HS to prepare for future generation of clinical educators.
- Prepare a program for performance appraisal of staff and department chairs as assigned by the leaderboard of VU-HS/Vinmec.
Networking, international partnership and other services
- The associate program director is expected to take the lead in building up international partnerships for Vinmec in Pediatrics education. This includes cooperation and advocacy work with local stakeholders and partners to satisfy all the requirements to implement graduate medical programs in Vietnam context.
- He/she will also serve on different sciences/educational and professional committees of VinUniversity/ Vinmec as assigned.
- During the clinical teaching, he/she will also perform clinical practices at VinUniversity affiliated teaching hospitals following the best practice of university teaching hospital model.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- MD degree with Board certification in the US. Current certification in the specialty of Pediatrics, or specialty qualifications that are acceptable to the ACGME-I Review Committee.
- Requisite specialty expertise and documented educational and administrative experience acceptable to the ACGME-I Review Committee: (1) at least five years of participation as an active faculty member in an Pediatrics program (2) at least three years of graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment.
- Current medical licensure and appropriate medical staff appointment.
- Strong track record in graduate medical education program development and implementation with international standard and accreditation, especially the US standards (i.e. USMLE qualification, ACGME/ ACGME-I accreditation).
- Experience in health care education pedagogy as well as clinical teaching.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in academic setting.
- Verbal communication skill in Vietnamese is a plus.
- Experience in coaching/mentoring medical educators.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary and collaborative educational team.
English is the language of teaching and communication at VinUniversity. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS (Academic) with a score of at least 7.0.
For Higher Education roles, English Language Proficiency may also be proven by having completed PhD studies while being instructed through the medium of English.
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via https://apply.interfolio.com/108635 and submit (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume and (3) two recommendation letters.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
VinUniversity (VinUni: https://vinuni.edu.vn/) is the first private, not-for-profit Vietnamese university established based on international standards. The university integrates the models of excellent international universities with the unique cultural and economic characteristics of Vietnam, to make a breakthrough in Vietnamese higher education and to become a world-class university.
VinUni has strategic collaborations with the world’s leading universities, including Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. These universities have become close advisors and crucial enablers in establishing the three colleges at VinUni: College of Business and Management, College of Engineering and Computer Science, and College of Health Sciences. Every aspect of the University: its curricula, research, faculty, student body, facilities, and campus life, is being developed to meet the highest standards set by the world’s leading accrediting and ranking organizations, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and Times Higher Education (THE).
VinUni’s founding benefactor Vingroup is one of the biggest private conglomerates in Asia with the largest market capitalization value in Vietnam. As a multisector corporation, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: Technology; Industrials; and Property Services. VinUni is proud to be a part of the Vingroup ecosystem, giving its students opportunities to connect with several high quality research institutes (such as VinAI, VinBrain, and Vin BigData), pioneering industrial enterprises (such as VinSmart and VinFast), and leading Vietnamese companies (such as Vinpearl, Vincom Retail, Vinmec, and Vinhomes).