Dean, Woodbury School of Business
The new Dean of Woodbury School of Business will be committed to
enhancing and executing WSB's strategic vision, facilitating
student success through excellence in teaching and research,
mentoring, overseeing fundraising, and engaging with diverse
communities. The Dean's leadership will be based on cooperation,
collaboration, honesty, personal accountability, and ethical
governance. The Dean will work to ensure equitability within WSB
and to foster an inclusive environment that supports a vibrant
culture and respects all experiences and identities UVU offers an
excellent benefits package that includes a generous leave policy,
13 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options,
life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate
resident) for employee and dependents, and substantial employer
contribution to a retirement plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An earned doctorate or another terminal degree in a
business-related field from an AACSB accredited university, or
relevant leadership experience.
- At least five years of leadership experience, resulting in
continuous growth and innovation of an organization
- Evidence of data-driven decision-making associated with an
organization’s strategic planning
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the principles of
academic freedom and shared governance
- Evidence of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Evidence of collaboration with diverse groups
- Evidence of fundraising experience
- Proven experience with networking, engagements, and
collaborations with higher education groups, industry partners,
and/or community entities that create positive social impact
- Seeks opportunities to motivate and mentor individuals
professionally; empowers others to take on responsibility; fosters
optimism and energy for reaching goals; helps individuals develop a
broader understanding of potential career options and pathways; and
commits to creating inclusive working, teaching, and learning
- Conveys information, expectations, and ideas to individuals and
groups in clear ways that produce effective coordination; seeks out
and incorporates input from others; follows policies and protocols;
and delivers and receives timely and regular feedback with candor
- Accomplishes goals and achieves high-quality results; follows
through on commitments; makes timely and informed decisions; and
holds self and the team accountable to carry out key
responsibilities and operate by and adhere to the University’s core
themes and objectives.
- Understands and contributes to the University’s mission,
vision, and long-term objectives; anticipates and plans for
potential internal and external changes; and focuses activities on
aligning and achieving strategic goals for self, department, the
school, and the University.
- Demonstrates professional and technical proficiency to perform
primary responsibilities; delegates assignments to appropriate
parties; carries out the planning and budgeting collaboratively
with other relevant areas of campus; fosters an environment of
professionalism and team building; and consistently stays up on
current and future trends in areas of expertise.
- Builds a culture of trust by demonstrating integrity, showing
respect for and genuine interest in individuals, listening
carefully to others in appropriate decision-making moments,
establishing and adhering to transparency of processes, being
accountable, and interacting with others in ways that promote unity
and confidence in self and the organization.
- Effectively understands and navigates the UVU environment
(e.g., vertical and horizontal interaction, cultural differences
among divisions, and a broad array of internal and external
constituencies); understands how the University operates and the
reasoning behind key practices and processes; and negotiates
diplomatically and effectively.
- Communicates as an approachable leader to students, faculty,
staff, and the greater community.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Familiarity and/or experience with current AACSB accreditation
- A record of research, teaching, and service that would merit a
tenured appointment in Woodbury School of Business
- Experience leading undergraduate and graduate university
This position performs work in a standard office setting.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package that includes a generous
leave policy, 13 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental
insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver
(undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents, and
substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
1). Application packet must include: a) A letter of application
that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the
position b) Current curriculum vitae c) At least four references
with full contact information including e-mails (References will
not be contacted without consent from applicant.)
2) Submit application packet (preferably as PDFs) to:
will be requested upon receipt of application.
Review of applications begins immediately. For best consideration,
submit applications by August 31, 2022. Applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.
Search profile link:https://www.myersmcrae.com/skins/userfiles/files/UVU-Dean-WSBF22.pdf
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/29924
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.