The University of Arkansas – Pulaski Technical College in North Little Rock, Arkansas, is accepting applications for Chief Information Officer. University of Arkansas – Pulaski Technical College provides access to high-quality education that promotes student learning and enables individuals to develop to their fullest potential.
SALARY RANGE: $90,000 - $100,000 commensurate with experience and education
University of Arkansas Pulaski Technical College serves central Arkansas with five locations. To meet our mission, we offer more than 80 programs, degrees, and certificates to provide access to high-quality education that promotes student learning and enables individuals to develop to their fullest potential. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) reports to the Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor and will lead the college’s ongoing commitment to promote and support the strategic use of information technology that advances the overall mission of the College. The CIO is responsible for leading the administration and operation of Information Technology Services which supports student learning and administrative operations at the institution’s five locations. This position oversees the planning and implementation of software, hardware, network, and IT security solutions that support the strategic, institutional effectiveness, student success and quality enhancement plan of the College. Office administration, customer service, time management, organizational, and scheduling skills required to lead and support the UA-PTC Information Technology team members.
- Responsible for broad information technology services team including applications development and maintenance, classroom and online learning technology support, data reporting, information security, voice and data communications, network services, maintenance and user support.
- Provide leadership in the development of a strategic direction for information technology services, gauging and anticipating the diverse needs of College constituents, monitoring trends and innovations in the industry to meet those needs; developing and implementing strategic long and short-term technology plans; and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership.
- Work along with Senior Leadership to ensure IT alignment with the College’s mission, academic goals, and decision making.
- Provide leadership and vision for new emerging technology that will align with the institutions’ mission and goals.
- Serve as a highly effective and respectful servant leader with the UA-PTC IT Team, and campus community.
- Constructs policies, procedures and practices that ensures data quality and minimizes risk.
- Provide recommendations for the acquisition of information technology systems based on the needs and requirements of the academic and administrative user communities.
- Ensure IT data security, risk management, disaster recovery and business continuity planning processes and policies are in place and receive regular review for currency and adequacy.
- Monitor and maintain IT policies and procedures in compliance with current state audit standards.
- Review annual budget and expenditures for enterprise resource planning (ERP); plans and manage ERP projects, including third party-software integration.
- Monitor and maintain IT policies and procedures in compliance with University of Arkansas Board of Trustees policies and current federal and state audit standards.
- Monitor major technology projects.
- Ensures college stays abreast of new technology and IT best practices.
- Serve as liaison and maintain effective relations with both internal and external constituents of ITS, UA-PTC.
- Contribute to HLC accreditation documentation and evaluation processes as related to IT Services.
- Performs other job-relate duties and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management, or other related fields.
- Seven years of relevant experience in information technology with at least 5 years of increasing leadership responsibilities in information systems management, including experience with IT strategic planning, budgeting, and systems analysis and project management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ways and methods by which technologies that support UA-PTC’s higher education teaching-learning environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service to internal and external end-users.
- Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management, or other related fields.
- Significant experience in all aspects of information technology planning, development and implementation, including but not limited to enterprise resource planning, systems architecture, telecommunications, database administration, and security and compliance issues.
- IT experience in an academic environment or state agency.
- Experience in ERP processing, SQL, Microsoft system architecture and Azure cloud computing, Blackboard, Workday, third party vendor relations, government contract purchasing, and stakeholder partnerships.
- Ability to learn and apply new emerging technologies.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively using written and verbal skills. Must be able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
The University of Arkansas Pulaski Technical College is an Affirmative Action/EOE institution committed to achieving diversity in its faculty and staff. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, especially individuals who contribute to diversity of our campus community. The university welcomes applications without regard to race/color, sex, gender, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.