As a premier institution in agriculture and technology, SUNY
Cobleskill calls all learners to grow, to sustain, and to renew the
world and its citizens. The College acts as a reflection of, and a
catalyst for, advancement in our fields. With an emphasis on
applied learning and experiential education, SUNY Cobleskill
prepares students for successful careers, advanced studies, and
Founded in 1911, SUNY Cobleskill enrolls approximately 2000
students in 55 diverse majors. The campus sets the standard for
applied education that extends theory into practice. SUNY
Cobleskill is a community characterized by empathy, inclusivity,
respect, personal growth, integrity, and a collaborative spirit
fostering well-being and sustainable practices. We recognize and
celebrate student, faculty and staff achievements. We take pride in
our campus and encourage collaboration with our surrounding
Our modern, 902-acre campus features outstanding educational
facilities, including an equestrian center, 200-cow dairy facility,
cold and warm water fish hatcheries, specialized classrooms and
scientific laboratories, two state-of-the-art culinary arts
teaching kitchens, child development and childcare centers, and an
art gallery and graphic design center.
Drawing on a rich academic tradition that spans more than 100
years, our purpose remains constant; to educate future
entrepreneurs, scientists, thought leaders, artists, educators, and
practitioners to contribute to the sustainability of a healthy and
prosperous societal existence in concert with a robust
Appointment to begin September 2022. This is a calendar year
(twelve-month) professional appointment. The position reports to
the Vice President of Academic Affairs and has managerial
responsibility for the office of the registrar.
The office of the registrar provides oversight and distribution
of the permanent academic record for all students and alumni. This
responsibility is inclusive of establishing the master schedule,
pre-registration, oversight of incoming student registration,
add/drop of course(s), registration overrides, course withdrawal,
withdrawal from college, grade submission, awarding all prior
learning credit and managing the academic petition process.
The registrar is also the final auditor of the academic record
when a student completes their program of courses. As the final
auditor of student records, the college registrar is the
institutions academic integrity barometer ensuring all students
regardless of program meet the breadth and depth of the
institution's learning outcomes. Distribution of diploma, notation
of degree completion on the academic record and conferral
affirmation are essential to the role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises all employees of the office, inclusive of
professional development activities, determining annual goals to
align with institutional initiatives and ensuring staff meet annual
performance evaluation expectations.
- Collaborates with internal institutional stakeholders to
improve the student experience.
- Develops the annual registrar and transcript IFR budgets;
monitors expenses and ensures business partner agreements are
- Leads the office in acquiring, implementing, and maintaining
the necessary information for technology solutions in support of
the institution's needs.
- Prepares and transmits all necessary reporting for SIRIS (SUNY
Institutional Research Information System), the NSC (National
Student Clearinghouse) and other entities as necessary.
- Serves as the campus Records Retention Officer, ensuring campus
compliance with the institutions records retention policies.
- Serves and leads as the institutions FERPA Compliance Officer
(Family Education Right to Privacy Act), providing necessary
training to campus and working closely with the Information
Security Officer to maintain data integrity and
- Maintains the college catalog of programs and course
- Oversees the management and collection of grades, recalculation
of student GPAs (grade point averages), review and determination of
inclusion and exclusion of repeated courses in the GPA, and all
changes to the academic record.
- Ensures compliance with SUNY Seamless Transfer; works with
faculty to determine transfer equivalencies and oversees
maintenance of repository for this information.
- Provides the Vice President of Academic Affairs student
academic standings upon completion of each academic term.
- Reports student data related to conferral of degrees or
candidates for degree for purposes of commencement activities and
record of the terms graduating class.
- Expert user of student information systems, such as Banner,
student auditing solutions, such as Degree Works, student
scheduling solutions, such as Schedule Planner, diploma solutions,
such as Diplomas on Demand, and institutional reporting solutions,
such as Argos.
- Serves as a member of the Data Experts Group, a functional area
user group seeking to ensure transparency, consistency, and
accuracy of student data systems.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Curriculum Committee
under shared governance, providing support and knowledge of
institutional, SUNY and NYSED curriculum requirements.
- Contributes to the success of the institution by ensuring the
mission of the office of the registrar aligns with the strategic
initiatives of the institution.
- Provides interpretation of institution policy, ensuring
practical application of policies, established through shared
governance, and are reflected in procedure/process within the work
of the office.
- Works collaboratively across units (eg, Admissions,
Institutional Research, Student Financial Services) in areas of
planning, implementation, and reporting.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Abilities
- Master's Degree and a minimum of three years of increased
administrative responsibilities as an Assistant or Associate
Registrar at a College or University or an equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- Knowledge and application of FERPA.
- Knowledge and application of records retention and maintenance
of those records.
- Knowledge of the State University of New York University system
- Experience overseeing staff and a proven commitment to a
team-based approach to attaining divisional goals.
- A strong understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion, and
building/maintaining civility in the workplace.
- Strong experience with data analysis.
- Strong technical skills, inclusive of Banner, Degree Works,
Diplomas on Demand, Schedule Planner and Argos.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet timelines and
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills.
- This is an SL-5 position, with a salary range of $90,000 -
- This is a full-time, term appointment.
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are
some of the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive
learning and living community for our students and employees. To
achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all
final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of
employment is contingent on the successful completion of the
- This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to
verification of applicant eligibility.
SUNY Cobleskill is committed to fostering a diverse community of
outstanding faculty, staff, and students, and ensuring equal
educational and employment opportunity and access to services,
programs and activities without regard to an individual's race,
color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy,
predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic
violence victim status, criminal conviction, or any other legally
protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring
accommodation during the hiring process should contact the Human
Resources Office at (518) 255-5514.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by
the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form,
that an applicant for employment provide his or her current
compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as
the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with
compensation. If such information has been requested from you
before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee
Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
SUNY Cobleskill's Tile IX Coordinator is Amanda Clark, who can
be contacted via phone at 518-255-5445, email at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailing address of SUNY
Cobleskill, Knapp Hall Room 123, Cobleskill, NY 12043.
The application review process will begin immediately and will
continue until a suitable candidate is found. Priority is given to
applications submitted by July 28, 2022.
A complete application consists of the following:
1. Letter of application, addressing qualifications, position
responsibilities, and college values
2. Current CV or Resume
3. Names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional
references, preferably former supervisors
* To apply you must create an account and apply through this