MEDICAL EDUCATION LEARNING SPECIALIST
Full Time On Portland Maine or Saint Kitts Campus
The University of Medicine and Health Sciences School of Medicine located on the island of St. Kitts in the Caribbean with a clinical campus located in Portland, Maine, and corporate office in New York City is seeking a unique individual who is trained and experienced as an academic learning specialist interested in working as a Medical Education Learning Specialist.
Job Summary/Basic Function: Design and implement support services and enrichment programs for students at the University of Medicine and Health Sciences. This position provides support of student academic success and retention by working with a team to develop and carry out an academic support program for medical students at the University of Medicine and Health Sciences School of Medicine. This role also collaborates with faculty and administrators throughout the various campuses of UMHS to promote student success.
• Provide consulting services for students with specific emphasis on learning, study, and test-taking strategies.
• Develop and deliver talks relevant to learning in medical school, but not limited to entry into medical school, transition between key phases of the curriculum, utilization of progress exam data, and utilizing protected time to prepare for high-stakes examinations, and the ability to anchor those talks in educational best practice, patient- and care-centered learning, evidence-based practice, and data-supported strategies.
• Design and conduct individual and group effective learning sessions to improve student learning strategies and study skills.
• Collaborate with faculty, staff, and administration to offer supplementary academic services to complement coursework and assist in developing individualized plans for students, including individualized academic counseling for students to promote student success.
• Participating in program development and developing assessment instruments.
• Work collaboratively with academic advisors in organizing comprehensive USMLE Step 1 and Step 2CK preparation plans and workshops for medical students.
* Utilize quantitative and qualitative data and research literature as a foundation for academic success practices, recommendations, and pedagogies, and an ability to implement data-driven practices and to demonstrate effectiveness using key performance metrics related to student academic support including student feedback, student evaluation data, evidence of student service, and value-add metrics.
• Master's degree in related field (Health or Education field).
• 3 years of experience working with students as an academic learning specialist to promote academic success.
* Proven ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and administrators.
* Well-organized and able to work independently, possessing a high degree of initiative, creativity and motivation.
Interested persons should send a recent resume
and a cover letter to Dr. Jerry Thornton at email@example.com
and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org