Posting Details (Default Section)
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
Dean of Students -Metro
Hiring Manager Title:
Associate Dean of Students and University Director of Student
Rights & Responsibilities
The Case Manager reports to the Associate Dean of Students. The
incumbent is an integral member of the student affairs team and is
responsible for the administration of the students of concern and
student conduct processes. Serves as case manager, monitoring
incoming cases, their progression, and completion of action plans
and/or post-adjudication follow-up. Handles intake of select cases
of alleged conduct violations. Oversees weekly meeting of Care Team
to address student of concern reports. Prepares statistical reports
of students of concern and analyze results. In collaboration with
Associate Dean and other Dean of Students staff members, the Case
Manager will develop and implement an assessment program. Acts as a
resource to students, faculty, and staff regarding the operation of
the students of concern policies and procedures. The incumbent is
required to be accessible to students and participate in the
professional staff on-call duty rotation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES :
1. Serves as primary resource for managing student issues related
to students of concern reports. Responds to walk-in, phone, or via
video conference requests for student advocacy. Implements and
manages a case management system to coordinate, facilitate, and
monitor programs and services available to distressed students.
Provides initial intake and response/referral by phone, video
conference and/or in person for those connecting with the Associate
Dean for follow up, as needed.
2. Oversees weekly Care Team meeting. The Care Team consists of
staff from various departments who receive student of concern
reports and create response and action plans to meet needs of
3. Maintains comprehensive overview of students in distress by
collecting, evaluating, and recording pertinent facts pertaining to
the student case.
4. Coordinates follow-up and tracking of students in distress as
well as students going through the conduct process.
5. Oversees record keeping process for students in distress as well
as students going through the conduct process
6. Assists in management of sanction review and updates within
7. Assists the Associate Dean in the compilation and distribution
of campus and community resources available to students in distress
and/or need. Updates and distributes Red Folder to campus
8. Provides crisis intervention for students with immediate
definable needs such as shelter, food, financial aid, and
9. Formulates and coordinates interventions to minimize and/or
resolve student problems.
10. Develops and presents workshops and training programs that
assist University staff and faculty in dealing with problem
situations involving students.
11. Performs general office duties, including answering phones,
using good customer service, greeting students, parents, families,
faculty, staff, alumni, guests and visitors, scheduling
appointments, preparing materials, filing, and processing incoming
and outcoming correspondence, as needed in support of the Dean of
12. Coordinates and implements ongoing training opportunities for
staff and faculty regarding Care and BIT team protocols, conducts
policy and process, and Title IX reporting procedures and follow
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education, Counseling,
Psychology or other appropriate field of study required.
2. A minimum of 1-2 years related student affairs, education, or
social work experience.
3. Strong administrative and operations management skills.
4. Strong oral and written communications and interpersonal
5. Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of
students, faculty, staff and administrators.
6. Willing and able to work non-standard hours as required,
including evenings and weekends.
7. Experience with virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom.
8. Previous experience using Word, Adobe, Excel and basic computer
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
1. Master’s degree in Student Personnel Services, Higher Education
Administration, Social Work, or related field
2. Bilingual in both English and Spanish
3. Maxient and Colleague experience preferred.
4. Previous experience working in student conduct in higher
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter