Posting Details (Default Section)
University Director of Student Health
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
Student Health Services-Metro
Hiring Manager Title:
VP Student Affairs/Dean of Students
Commensurate with Experience
The University Director of Student Health ( UDSH ) is responsible
for strategic leadership, vision, and direction, effective
management, supervision, and day-to-day administration of a
talented, multidisciplinary team of health care professionals and
support staff on the Florham and Metropolitan campuses that provide
comprehensive College health programs and services. Reporting to
the Vice President of Student Affairs & Dean of Students, the
University Director serves on the Student Affairs Leadership Team
and collaborates closely with colleagues throughout Student
Affairs, as well as with other campus and community stakeholders to
ensure the delivery of high-quality health care to students in
alignment with University and divisional goals, purposes, and
priorities. The University Director balances administrative duties,
oversees Student Health Services and Student Counseling Services on
both campuses, guides decisions regarding University-wide
prevention and wellness initiatives, and ensures that all clinical
management guidelines, protocols, and practices reflect and are
consistent with current standards and evidence-based
The University Director of Student Health ( UDSH ) has
responsibility for the oversight and operation of:
· Clinical/medical and counseling services for students;
· Laboratory/diagnostic tests;
· Budget and financial administration (including insurance
· Strategic planning;
· Policies and procedures; and
· Health care risk management
This is a full-time, 12-month administrative position which
requires presence on both the Metropolitan and Florham campuses.
Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and
experience. FDU offers a competitive fringe benefits package.
1. Either completion of training as a Nurse Practitioner with a
master’s or doctoral degree, completion of training as a Licensed
Clinical Social Worker, or Doctor of Philosophy in
2. Minimum of five to seven years of relevant professional
experience in health care services and administration. Preference
will be given to candidates with supervisory and management
experience including design, development, and direction of
health-related programs and services, responsibility for quality of
health care practice and outreach, fiscal management, budget
development, and contractor/vendor relationships.
3. Current licensure or license-eligibility in New Jersey at the
time of hire and current, or ability to complete eligibility and
licensure in New Jersey.
4. Current CPR certificate or willing to obtain.
5. Experience with healthcare technology, including electronic
medical records and tele-health priorities and
6. Knowledge of and/or direct experience in College health setting
preferred; and current certificate in a related specialty area or
eligibility for certification preferred.
7. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic
objectives, motivate and develop medical and administrative staff,
effectively manage resources, and cultivate strong collaborative
relationships with multiple constituent groups.
8. Proven record of success and commitment to working with issues
related to diversity, equity and inclusion, combined with an
affinity for working closely with students.
9. Knowledge of local and national issues, trends, and best
practice standards in primary health care, psychological
counseling, College health, health insurance, and managed
10. Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, and critical
11. Valid driver’s license and accessibility to transportation to
travel between campuses.
12. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter