About Academic Analytics
Academic Analytics is a full-service provider of business intelligence solutions for higher education. Academic Analytics’ tools and solutions support university leaders as they strive for excellence in their research enterprise. Our data inform these leaders to better understand strengths and opportunities, establish standards and benchmarks, allocate resources, and cultivate faculty development. Our products continually evolve to meet the needs of our clients, often based on feedback from the university research community.
Job Description – Account Manager, Client Solutions
Do you enjoy engaging others about how data and information can inform decision-making? Academic Analytics is seeking an Account Manager who will partner with client universities to utilize Academic Analytics data and tools to full potential. Each Account Manager is responsible for a portfolio of client universities, to ensure high client utilization, securing renewal and potential upsell of new products.
This service solution consists of:
- providing quantitative and qualitative insights to clients from standardized solutions and customized analyses; delivering product training/support, sharing best practices, enhancing on-campus usage; and facilitating interactions among the client and the broader Academic Analytics user community.
As a primary interface with clients, the Account Manager is also charged with understanding client challenges beyond those the company is currently addressing, exploring innovative uses of the company’s products, and identifying opportunities to expand the relationship through acquisition of new solutions.
- Cultivate trust-based relationships with client personnel by maintaining proactive and responsive engagement to ensure company reaches annual renewal goals.
- Engage client leadership via telephone calls, e-mail, video-conference and in-person interactions on campus or at events
- Conduct new client kick-off meetings to review expectations and create project implementation plans, milestones and deliverables Maintain client profiles, including business needs and goals
- Facilitate project implementation plans in accordance with contract agreements to meet client expectations
- Proactively identify potential challenges for the client and address them Identify opportunities to expand the university-Academic Analytics partnership through upsell opportunities
- Solicit examples of product usage and case studies from client personnel
- Collaborate with our in-house data analysts to scope ad-hoc analyses as requested by clients
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
Desired Experience and Skills
- Professional staff experience in higher education
- Intellectually curious and proactive.
- Ability to think analytically and communicate with both data-savvy and non-data-savvy audiences
- Enjoy meeting new people and is comfortable presenting to both large and small groups
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills including the flexibility to handle multiple projects simultaneously, effectively prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Master’s degree required, Doctoral degree preferred
- Advanced ability to utilize the Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Willingness and ability to operate in fast-paced, high-volume, remote work environment
- Eagerness to travel approximately 40% of the time attending on-site client meetings, industry events and internal meetings