Postdoctoral Research Associate
About the Opportunity
Working on a project focused on making and functionalizing carbon
nanotubes, graphene, and other 2D materials based sensors for gas
sensing applications. The gas sensors will be implemented in a
multi sensing platform project for sensing specific gases (H2, N2,
CH4 , NH3, … etc.) in atmospheric and low-pressure environments.
Functional groups will be used to enable selectivity and
sensitivity of the sensor using these nano materials. Experience
needed include but not limited to inorganic/organic synthesis of
active molecules, functionalization of CNTs, graphene and other 2D
materials, characterization, and implementation into functional
Initiate and conduct experiments in functionalizing carbon
nanotubes and 2D nanomaterial based sensors. Train and supervise
graduate students in these experimental methods. Assist the
supervisor in the interpretation and publication of results and
grants. Help in managing the laboratory. Prepare and write research
papers, reports, presentations, and grant proposals.
- PhD degree in chemistry, material science, mechanical
engineering, physics or related field.
- Experience with gas sensing, nanomaterial functionalization,
surface characterization techniques, thin film sensors
- Knowledge of colloids, electronics and sensors technology is a
- Publications record and relevant research experience in the
- Motivated to work in a team, with a proactive attitude towards
collaboration with industrial partners.
- Experience in conducting gas sensing experiments.
- Ability to work both independently and in the team.
- Motivation for conducting scientific work.
- Hard working, active person.
- Experience in working with students.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Postdoctoral-Research-Associate_R104791-1