Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position.
A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional
communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship,
respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is
designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in
creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding
of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact
on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence
in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace &
Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer
and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester.
LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution
by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in
the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce
Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered
educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands
and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and
conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning
opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as
radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Location address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Special Events PT Specialist III, under the general supervision
of the Special Events Coordinator, performs standard and some
advanced administrative duties. Basic duties include greeting
guests, receiving and logging information into the 25Live database
and scheduling software, making copies, event preparation and
mailings, answering routine questions and inquiries, and providing
information and directions. This position is also responsible for
providing support services to the LSC-MC Office of the President as
well as the Office of Marketing and Communications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work with faculty, staff and administrators to reserve space
needed for departmental events
- Assist with event setup, management and cleanup of LSC-MC
- Liaise between the college and external customers via phone and
- Troubleshoot and resolve event related issues
- Assist with non-academic and special events room
- Schedule internal and external events and assign space as
needed in 25Live
- Works with clients/facilities staff to ensure rooms are
properly set up according to requirement
- Troubleshoots equipment problems. Escalates to OTS or
Facilities when needed
- Anticipates the needs of meeting and event guests and executes
requests in a timely manner
- Responds to each customers comments/complaint with great
customer service and according to Office of Special Events
- Assist students with using the research databases
- Ability to work under pressure, take directions, and be a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible in a changing environment
- Understanding of the importance of a high level of customer
- Working knowledge of general office computers and software
- Ability to learn new software packages, including 25Live
reservation and registration software systems
- Requires a working knowledge of general office procedures and
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Working knowledge of, and the ability to enforce LSC-Montgomery
and Office of Special Events general practices, policies and
- Ability to working autonomously
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to efficiently
multi-task, prioritize assignments, meet deadlines and solve
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced,
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to
do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending;
carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or
driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to
perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a
Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to
carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal
exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED and 3 years of related work
experience, or an equivalent combination of education and
Hourly Pay Rate is $13.99
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part
of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work
environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver,
participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of
the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on
‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title
once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached
your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty,
Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the
following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching
Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email,
mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the
academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on
your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication
regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by
phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which
Lone Star College provides the federal government with information
from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is
authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are
subject to a criminal background check.