Posting Detail Information
Tutor II (Writing) - Tutoring Center - GLC
Internal Position Title
Tutoring Center, GLC
The Tutor II is an active participant in the CLC Writing Center,
coaching students in academic writing across the curriculum as well
as in study and technology skills as needed. The Tutor II
participates in staff development opportunities, contributes to
center projects and helps promote the center within the CLC
- Associate’s degree OR junior year standing at a four-year
- Minimum of two semesters as a Tutor I and recommendation of the
Writing Center Coordinator.
- Ability to tutor in multiple modalities (face-to-face and
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with students
of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Training in an accepted tutor training course ( ENG 260 or
- Proficient in MS Office
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Total Hours per week
4 to 19
Software Testing Required
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
1. Tutor CLC students in writing across the curriculum in multiple
modalities (face to face and online).
2. Tutor students in study skills and technology (Word, Google,
Canvas) as needed.
3. Mentor less experienced tutors.
4, Present class orientations describing center services.
5. Participate in staff development opportunities and in the tutor
6. Contribute to center projects.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate's degree OR in a junior year
standing at a four-year?
- * Do you have a minimum of two semesters as a Tutor I and
recommendation of the Writing Center Coordinator?
- * Do you have training in an accepted tutor training course
(ENG 260 or equivalent)?
- * Are you proficient in MS Office?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Availability Schedule