Director of Residence Life
Manages the daily operational functions of
the residence halls, office projects, and manages administrative
functions for the office within the guidelines of applicable laws,
and college and division and office policies and procedures. The
coordinator serves in a high student contact position which
requires enthusiasm and commitment for working with students, and
being responsive to students' concerns, and other internal
constituents - i.e. faculty, staff, and administrators. Reports to
the Director of Residence Life and works with RL colleagues,
faculty, staff, students, parents and off campus vendors and
Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in the On-Call Duty Rotation
- Manages daily operations by performing administrative tasks and
procedures in support of the Office of Residence Life.
- Hires, trains and evaluates student office assistants.
- Monitors and administers desk operations, and general
department procedures and systems.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment with regard to
matters of significance.
- Initiates, processes, submit, and maintain records for
requisitions, purchase orders and reimbursements.
- Oversees the maintenance work order and damage billing process
for the halls, while working collaboratively with facilities to
address residence area needs and issues.
- In consultation with the Director of Residence Life,
coordinates the thorough, timely, and accurate completion of all
reports and other administrative functions in accordance with
office standard operating procedures.
- Maintains an accurate key bank for all halls, coordinates
facility logistics for student check-in and check-out process
- Serves as an advocate for quality management of residence hall
facilities by reporting maintenance issues to Facilities.
- Reviews and evaluates maintenance and custodial needs via
regular building tours, room inspections, work-orders, in order to
ensure safety, maintenance and appearance of the residence
- Submits maintenance work orders and custodial requests.
- Remains available to students to address their concerns,
questions, or issues appropriately, and makes referrals to
appropriate university resources, as warranted.
- Prepares flyers and other marketing materials for Office of
Residence Life events.
- Publicizes departmental events via use of social media and
office web site;
- Assists with updating office and/or student publications (e.g.
housing contracts, residence life handbook, etc.).
- In consultation with the Director of Residence Life or
designee, maintains RA & GA staff duty schedule, including
office hours and on-call duty.
- Establishes and maintains communication with other campus
offices/departments and respond to issues concerning residential
- Assists with the organization and coordination of the move-in
process as well as managing the 12-month coverage needs of the
residence halls operations.
- Coordinates with Conference and Special Events regarding summer
activities and services in the residence halls.
- Assists with Orientation Programs, as well as Admissions Open
House and other special events.
- Maintains daily office hours in the Office of Residential
- Coordinates an annual calendar of events in Residence Life
- Manages other administrative projects and team
- Attends weekly Residence Life staff meetings and one-on-ones
- Serves on division-wide committees in consultation with and
approved by supervisor.
- Travels for professional development.
- BA or BS required. Knowledge of Residence Life and/or
experience in Student Affairs required.
- Minimum two years of administrative, project and facilities
management experience. Preference will be given to individuals who
have previously worked in higher education settings.
- Position requires availability to work evenings, late nights,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong
organizational and administrative skills, and close attention to
- Considerable knowledge of modern office procedures and
familiarity with standard office equipment and multi-line telephone
- Experience as a resource for students seeking support and
referral to other resources on campus.
- Familiarity with office/departmental policies and procedures in
an academic setting.
- Proficiency in Windows-based computer applications: MS Word,
- Knowledge of web design a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and maintain
- Irregular and on-call hours are required
- Due to the nature of the position and on-call responsibilities
the Operations Coordinator is required to live in an apartment
within the college's apartment complex adjacent to campus.
- Required to serve with on-call responsibilities, including a
rotating duty schedule with other staff, which includes crisis
management and emergency response.
- May supervise and/or train designated personnel.
- Possess or have ability to obtain a valid Georgia state
operator/driver's license for the type vehicle or equipment
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking,
occasional moving of light objects. Work is performed in an
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment
to the position.
Please apply online. Position is posted until filled. Due to the
overwhelming response to the college's staff openings we are unable
to respond personally to individual telephone inquiries. No faxed
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
veteran status, disability or genetic information, gender identity
and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law
in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to
diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to
Health & Safety Measures
All persons hired by Agnes Scott College must submit proof of
COVID-19 vaccination prior to starting employment unless they have
been granted an exemption based upon a medical or religious