Business Intelligence Associate 81134BR
This position is directed within the Graduate College IT and Data group and works in collaboration with the Graduate College, University Technology Office, and other academic units to review, analyze, and prepare data analysis and reporting for business decision-making, strategic planning, and process improvement. Designs business intelligence solutions and develops reports and data dashboards to be used for graduate leadership across campus.
Business hours for the Graduate College are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
ASU is a diverse enterprise with a wide variety of work and learning modes, locations and a commitment to sustainability, innovation and employee work-life balance. We are determined to maintain our position as an employer of choice in a competitive labor market. The Graduate College may have flexible work options available such as staggered start and stop times and possibly hybrid work where employees spend a portion of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location and a portion working remotely.
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$47,559 - $70,000 per year; DOE
- Develops dashboards and reports to be used for business decision making and planning in support of graduate initiatives.
- Performs research analysis to understand current performance, analyze trends, and assist in making recommendations for future project performances.
- Facilitates preparation of specifications, development, quality assurance and deployment of new business intelligence technology.
- Supports business users in development of reports.
- Maintains a high degree of technical knowledge and expertise on business intelligence tools (Tableau, Alteryx, SQL, etc).
- Works collaboratively with others on a variety of technology and technology support projects.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications with customers, other technology specialists, and vendors about services.
- Assists in preparing presentations to stakeholders and university administration.
- Assists with the creation of business process guides and other documentation related to reports and data dashboards.
- Participates in system administration functions including, but not limited to: data validation processes, duplicate resolution processes, system change requests and system integration/user acceptance testing to ensure ongoing integrity and security of data consistent with university policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a business, information technology or closely related field; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience working with diverse populations and cultures
- Experience with business intelligence and data tools like Tableau, Alteryx, Report Builder, Power BI, SPSS, or Excel
- Experience in computer programming languages and software such as Python, R, or SQL
- Demonstrated knowledge of analysis techniques and reporting strategies
- Experience in computing and data analysis, including ability to query and analyze data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data management and information technologies
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and interpretation.
- Experience in collecting, organizing, synthesizing and analyzing data; summarizing findings; developing conclusions and recommendations
- Experience in planning, analyzing, and coordinating activities and establishing priorities
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment organizing resources, managing workload priorities and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously for self
- Experience in accurately and reliably interpreting data for determining appropriate action
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and practices of university governance, reporting, institutional assessment, enrollment management and planning
- Knowledge of administrative, financial, and business management principles and practices
- Knowledge of the principles of exemplary customer service demonstrated through actively listening, acknowledging, and responding to every inquiry; taking ownership and resolving each concern or problem as appropriate
- Exhibiting professionalism and expertise in every interaction and engaging in professional development to meet expectations for service excellence
- Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to walk or travel moderate distances to perform work. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- May be required to perform tasks in the field within and/or across University campuses.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
The ASU Graduate College works collaboratively across all colleges to promote and support the integrity, quality, and vitality of ASU graduate programs including master’s degrees, professional degrees, and doctoral degrees. Our goal is to ensure university-wide standards of academic excellence, access, and equity in graduate programs and to enhance the impact of ASU’s graduate students and graduate education within the state, national, and global arenas. Central to this vision is the enhancement of the diversity of ASU’s graduate population as well as the development of innovative transdisciplinary graduate programs across the university.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00 p.m. Arizona time on the date indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted. Attach Word or PDF documents, which include:
1. Cover letter
3. Three professional references (if not already supplied during the application process)
Please include all employment information in month/year format (ex: 6/88 to 8/94), and include job title, job duties, and name of employer for EACH position listed. Not providing this information could result in your application not being considered.
Cover letter and resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meet the minimum and desired qualifications stated in this requisition.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education (or 24 credit hours) is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.