The Advance College Project at Indiana University Bloomington seeks applicants for an English Instructional Consultant. This is a 12-month position.
The person in this role will Work in tandem with the other English Instructional Consultant to facilitate activities for the Advance College Project and when necessary, fulfill university teaching assignments in conjunction with the ACP curricula. This individual will coordinate curricula for ACP instructors and students; will conduct in-person and virtual classroom visits; regionally based professional development sessions; provide leadership and mentorship for ACP site visitors; develop and implement ACP training; and develop program outreach to achieve the purpose of the Advance College Project.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of each day will be varied and determined by the leadership demands of the individuals and cohorts concerned. This challenging position will require a person to be able to demonstrate the qualities of an administrative and academic leader, and a facilitator of both the project and ACP cohorts.
The person in this position will have the ability to exercise independent judgment following general expectations and provide leadership. This individual will be in constant contact with university and project personnel, secondary school officials, and various representatives of supporting campuses, agencies and organizations. This colleague will need to exercise tact and expertise in all areas of communication with clients as well as colleagues.
• Master’s degree or higher in English (PhD in English preferred).
• 5 or more years of successful teaching experience and or education-related job experience in secondary and/or post-secondary school level.
• Experience in the facilitation or development of curricula and instruction at the secondary and/or post-secondary level.
• Experience in the use of technology to develop and disseminate professional information and resources.
• Experience with concurrent enrollment / dual credit programs.
• School-level experience working directly with administrators and teachers in the implementation of programs: alignment of curricula to program standards and assessments, reporting and/or evaluation requirements, and technical assistance for strong implementation of the program.
• Participation in professional organizations and knowledge of current information regarding best practices in secondary and higher education.
To apply for this position, please upload a letter of interest, a current CV, and names and contact information of three references to: https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/13221
For best consideration apply by August 5, 2022. Position will remain open until filled. Start date is targeted for September 1, 2022