Looking for an opportunity to pass your professional knowledge and experience to the next generation of business leaders? Are you interested in teaching but not sure you want to commit to the scholarly aspects of a faculty position? The school of business has you covered. The business school at UW-Platteville invites applications for instructors in its associate, bachelors, and masters programs. Currently, the highest need is for in-person instruction at its campuses in Platteville, WI and Baraboo, WI. Teaching responsibilities may range from 1-5 courses per semester, depending on the needs of the school and the candidate’s availability. The position is not eligible for relocation reimbursement, tenure, or Visa sponsorship; thus, local and regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. The anticipated start date is August 2022.
The School has instructional needs in the following academic areas:
- Business Analytics
- Business Law
- Human Resources, including Diversity/Equity/Inclusion
- Management, including Organizational Change
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Teach one to five courses per term in one or more content areas.
- Campus/In-person instructors will be expected to have a physical presence on campus to facilitate their courses.
- Engage, as needed, in conversations with colleagues about curricular improvement and assessment.
- Attend relevant trainings related to teaching.
- Additional compensation will be available for instructors who engage in scholarly (e.g. journal publication) and/or professional (e.g. practitioner conference presentation) activity.
- Master’s degree in the field in which you intend to teach.
- Industry-recognized credentials, teaching experience, or substantial industry experience in the field in which you intend to teach.
- Candidates with recent evidence of scholarly and/or professional intellectual contributions are preferred.
Applications are required to be submitted electronically via the UW-Platteville Careers portal: https://careers.uwplatt.edu/en-us/job/495788/lecturer-school-of-business-contractor. To be considered, please upload the following materials:
- Letter of application addressing your qualifications and area(s) of interest;
- Resume/CV; and
- List of three (3) professional references (name, contact info, professional relationship to you)
Candidates should list interest in specific courses/instruction types in application documents.
Applications will be kept on file for future vacancies.
Questions about possible opportunities may be addressed to Les Hollingsworth, Director, School of Business, 608-342-1436