Massey Cancer Center
"To improve the lives of all Virginians by delivering cutting-edge
cancer care through patient-centered prevention and treatment;
high-impact, innovative research; community input and engagement;
and education and training of the next generation of researchers
and healthcare professionals.”
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Massey Cancer Center is a
nationally ranked cancer center located in the heart of Downtown
Richmond. All full-time staff are eligible for our generous
benefits package that includes choices for health, vision, and
dental coverage, life-insurance, short and long-term disability
coverage, retirement planning, tax-deferred annuity and cash match
programs, flexible spending accounts, tuition benefits, significant
paid-time off,12 paid holidays, and more. Explore our benefits
further here: https://hr.vcu.edu/current-employees/benefits/university-and
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Clinical Research Activation Coordinator I is responsible for
providing customer-focused management of start-up activities for
MCC trials. This includes but not limited to the overall management
and oversight of the following processes:
- Disease Working Group management, coordinate trials through the
feasibility/activation process as the project manager.
- Complete and submit Sponsor site questionnaires and feasibility
- Request and submit Confidentiality Disclosure Agreements to
- Schedule Site qualifying visits with the Sponsor and Study team
to review our site facility and procedures.
- Enter new studies into Oncore.
- Collect and submit protocol documentation for Radiation safety
and Biosafety review.
- Submit to the PRMC for scientific review in a timely
- Coordinate with the PI and study team to schedule and conduct
study start up meetings and site initiation visits with
The Clinical Research Activation Coordinator I also has
responsibility for maintaining internal tracking for study site
status from initial site contact through site initiation and
maintains clear client and internal team communication and
documentation. This position works directly with other departments
in the CTO in setting priorities and expectations for study
Minimum Hiring Standards
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Massey Cancer Center supports a diverse faculty, staff, and
student environment. The candidate will demonstrate experience that
shows their commitment to fostering such an environment.
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in the basic sciences, healthcare
or database design and
- Prior experience working with clinical research sponsors.
- Experience in an academic medical center.
- Experience using healthcare based clinical information
- Knowledge in FDA, ICH regulations governing clinical
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Department: Massey Cancer Center
- Experience with Clinical Trial Coverage Analysis decisions
- Knowledge and/or experience with NCI CCSG expectations is
- Previous experience coordinating and managing clinical
- Project Management knowledge.
Employment Type: UF - University Employee FT
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Contact Name: Kristen Baker
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (804) 628-2341