DEPARTMENT ACADEMIC DIVISION
REPORTS TO PRESIDENT
SUPERVISES: Direct Reports
LAST UPDATED MAY, 2022
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Provost oversees the college curriculum, faculty appointments, and other academically related areas including research centers. The Provost provides visionary leadership to promote and foster excellence in all aspects of the college’s mission. This includes an unwavering commitment to increasing access to excellent higher education where members of the faculty advance discovery of public value and positively impact the health, culture and education of the larger community.
Essential Position Functions
- Participates in the IAIA Cabinet responsible for executive leadership of the college.
- Ensures an active and expanding dialogue with external constituencies by encouraging partnerships and advocacy on behalf of the college.
- Advises the President on all matters related to Academic Aﬀairs and college administration.
- Supervises all matters relating to curriculum and instruction, including outreach, evening and summer courses, special programs, scheduling, and overloads.
- Demonstrates a commitment to inclusive and collaborative leadership with a passion for serving a traditionally under-represented, student population.
- Represents the college at public events in the absence of the President. Oversees faculty and academic staff recruitment and development activities.
- Recommends to the President all academic appointments, and promotion matters and ensures that such processes comply with the terms of current faculty agreements.
- Oversees development and implementation of academic planning.
- Coordinates periodic academic program review and works with Deans and Chairs in the review, study, and development of curriculum and in the improvement of instruction.
- Leads and manages the accreditation process.
- Develops and ensures adherence to the academic aﬀairs budget and participates in the development of the budget for the college as a whole.
- Complies with all IAIA policies. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Must have an earned doctorate in a relevant field and 5 years experience at a senior level of academic leadership in higher education.
Experience working at a Tribal College.
- Management has the right to revise this job description at any time, with or without notice.
- The job description is not a contract for employment.