Job Title: Reputation Marketing Manager
The Reputation Marketing Manager is responsible for the creating and executing a robust strategic communications plan to enhance the awareness and reputation of the Icahn School of Medicine’s Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. Leveraging the communications and marketing assets at the Icahn School of Medicine, the Manager will ensure that the excellence of the Graduate School’s PhD and Master’s programs, faculty and students are recognized and appreciated by a broad spectrum of audiences. The Manager will function as the primary point of contact and coordination between the Department of Marketing and Communications for the Icahn School of Medicine and the Graduate School and work closely with the Graduate School’s Manager for Communications and Recruitment Marketing. The Director reports to the Vice President and Senior Associate Dean for Marketing and Communications at the Icahn School of Medicine with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Senior Associate Dean for Graduate School Administration.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the Graduate School leadership and program directors and working closely with the organization’s central Marketing office, leads the strategic development and day-to-day implementation of a comprehensive reputational communications plan for the Graduate School’s academic programs, incorporating digital and traditional marketing elements.
- Takes hands-on responsibility for the creation of content to be distributed through a variety of channels to external audiences, including: School’s website; production of videos; the Dean’s Report; as well as writing and editing copy for associated relevant materials. Works closely with the School’s media relations liaison to identify promotable achievements and stories demonstrating institutional research, academic excellence, and a community that support diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Works closely with marketing professionals in the organization’s central Marketing office to advance public recognition and understanding of the Graduate School’s programs.
- Ensures that Graduate School reputational content complies with Mount Sinai identity and branding guidelines.
- Serves as contact for all social media content in collaboration with the Graduate School’s Manager for Communications and Recruitment Marketing. Actively manages the preparation of social media communications for the Graduate School and coordinates with vendors and others involved social media for various graduate programs.
- The Manager will serve as the contact for the Graduate School for all requests related to marketing campaigns in collaboration with the Graduate School’s Manager for Communications and Recruitment Marketing.
- The Manager will function as the main point of contact for the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences webpages, faculty and student profiles, events; and ensure timely promotion of events, application sessions, awards, etc., on the website.
- Ensure that use of logo and other visuals are appropriate and compliant by providing non-marketing staff with templates and guidelines, and by reviewing drafts of content and planned purchases branded items.
- Works closely with the School’s Senior Project Manager to ensure the smooth and effective implementation of the communications plan. Collaboratively defines timelines and metrics, and monitors these throughout project execution to keep projects on track and report on outcomes.
- Maintains relationships with relevant professional organizations and networks. Stays abreast of developments in marketing and communications channels and technologies, as well as the evolving higher education marketing landscape.
- Performs other duties as required, in support of the Graduate School’s reputation-enhancing activities.
- Bachelor's degree (Master’s preferred) in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Five or more years in a senior leadership role in higher education marketing/communications and a strong emphasis on digital channels, writing and editing skills. The ability to articulate messages for targeted audiences with correct use of language.