Concordia University Chicago (CUC) invites applications for the position of Student Accounts Representative in the Student Business Services Department. This position is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to all University constituents; this would include, but is not limited to, investigating and resolving queries as it pertains to students, parents, faculty, and staff. Position is also accountable for executing and consistently improving the processes and procedures earlier established for the department. Additionally, this representative is responsible for the third-party vendor billing for the department. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Student Business Services and is located in River Forest, IL.
- Provides the highest level of customer service to ALL University constituents, including, but is not limited to: students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Investigates and resolves customer queries as needed.
- Monitors student accounts for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities. After identifying any such situations, the Business Account Representative will follow up with students, as directed by the director or Associate Director of Business Services.
- Maintains payment plans established either internally or through our 3rd party vendor, and any supplementary tasks this entails.
- Learns the ins and outs of our Adult Degree Program (ADP). As he/she will be the main contact for this program of study.
- Sends bills to all students and vendors alike as well as providing reimbursement letters to students as requested.
- Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Cashier, when necessary and as requested by the Director or Associate Director of Business Services which includes the following functions:
- Ensures the proper application of payments to accounts
- Responsible for all cash and cash-like transactions made in Student Business Services
- Verifies that assets are deposited to the appropriate bank accounts
- Safeguards the proper reporting in the University's general ledger
- Provides assistance to the University's Accounting Department, related to Accounts Receivable and Bank Account Reconciliations, on an as needed basis
- Safeguards the assets of the university at a very high level.
- Performs other duties, as assigned - this includes but is not limited to Jump Start orientations or other student orientations that require evening or weekend hours of work.
- Performs all duties assigned within the approved policies and procedures of Concordia University's Board of Regents and appropriate administrative officers, as stated in the documents contained in the Administrative Policy and Procedures Manual, as they are updated from time to time.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - mainly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to learn and utilize new computer systems
- Experience in Banner highly desirable
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good verbal and written communication skills; bilingual - Spanish speaker, a definite plus
- Ability to manage conflict with students, parents and other customers
- Professional demeanor
- Two years college preferred
- High School Graduate or equivalent required
- Knowledge or experience in a business office environment
- Familiarity and concurrence with Concordia's mission and philosophy
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia University Chicago benefit options include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and/or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Disability and Survivor Plan (Basic Life Insurance)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Retirement 403(b) Savings Plan
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Tuition benefits (available for employees and their qualified dependents)
Interested individuals should include a cover letter, resume and references with their online application. Review of applications will begin immediately and the posting will close once a successful candidate is identified.
In compliance with Illinois Governor JB Pritzker's Executive Order 2021-20, Concordia University Chicago requires all on-campus faculty and staff to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or participate in weekly COVID-19 testing. Further information regarding Concordia's response to COVID-19 can be found here.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Theology, Arts & Humanities, College of Business, College of Education, and College of Health, Science & Technology, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and is consistently ranked among the Best Regional Universities-Midwest by U.S. News & World Report. For more than a decade, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more about our commitment to higher education, rooted in the Gospel, at CUChicago.edu.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.