Main responsibility is to serve as the Athletics Communications Director. Responsible for keeping accurate records, and maintaining publications and online presence.
Essential functions will include:
- Sports Information:
- Production of publications sports schedules, recruiting brochures, game programs, media guide, alumnae/parent newsletters
- Statistics and records keeping and reporting update and maintain statistics and team and individual records, report statistics and results to NCAA, CSAC, and Coaching Associations
- Media/Public Relations generate press releases, coordinate with sports information offices and provided requested information
- Update Athletics website with post-game stories for all athletic contests, schedules, biographies for athletic staff, and other pertinent information.
- Develop and post social media content for all Gator Athletics accounts.
- main point of contact for streaming, website, and video production accounts.
- Supervise student workers assisting with Sports Information
- Maintain photo file.
- Assist in training, supervision, and scheduling event workers for home athletic events
- Serve as the game-day announcer for home athletic contests.
- Assist with event set-up and game management for all home athletic contests.
- Assist in planning of Athletic Banquet, Hall of Fame Induction, and special departmental events.
- Collaborate with University communications and marketing departments to promote Athletics and Wellness to the larger community
- Collaborate with University communications and marketing to promote consistent brand alignment across the university
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be assigned or required
- Knowledge: Bachelors degree required. Masters degree in Communications or Public Relations preferred. Must have knowledge of NCAA Division III regulations and an understanding of the relationship between a liberal arts education and athletics.
- Experience: 2-3 years of experience required as a Sports Information Director at the college/university level. This position requires the employee possess and maintain a valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Skills/Aptitude: Must have excellent writing and computer skills, attention to detail, proactive communicator. Must have proven administrative and management skills, and have good interpersonal communication skills. Two writing samples must be provided with application.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Will involve evening and weekend commitments. Will require long periods of standing, sitting or walking. Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds and assist with game day setup. This is a full-time, 12 month position
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.