Job Summary/Basic Function
At Maryville University, we power dreams-not just degrees. Our
vision is to be the innovative leader in higher education promoting
a revolution in student learning that expands access and
opportunities for all.
Maryville University is searching for an energetic and passionate
tenure-track Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Computer Science
to join the College of Arts & Sciences in Spring or Fall 2023.
We seek educators who think innovatively, build competence in
technology, and use engaging pedagogy to help our students deepen
their learning and broaden their perspectives. The candidate must
be committed to fostering a positive, culturally diverse atmosphere
for faculty, staff, and students. Applicants must hold a master’s
degree in Computer Science or closely related field (PhD
The Department of Computer Science at Maryville University offers a
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science in both online and
traditional in-person formats. The BS in Computer Science program
includes specializations in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science,
Cyber Security, Software Development, User Experience, and
Blockchain. The department is also launching a Master of Science in
Artificial Intelligence degree in Fall 2022.
The Computer Science program is young, but rapidly growing. This is
a great opportunity for a passionate faculty member to contribute
to the development of an exciting, innovative, and rapidly growing
Responsibilities for all faculty members:
• Teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course
contract, employing a variety of pedagogical styles to effectively
deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world
applications of concepts covered.
• Develop innovative pedagogical strategies, including the use of
technology, to deliver course content in a meaningful and engaging
• Work closely with the instructional design team to develop and
deliver online course content.
• Foster a teaching-learning environment that values and supports
the diversity of students’ ideas, opinions, and backgrounds and
prepares them for success in a culturally diverse work force.
• Work collaboratively with appropriate faculty to review and
• Ensure that program learning outcomes and course outcomes are
assessed for continuous improvement
• Work closely with advisees and Life Coaches to facilitate
students’ academic and personal success.
• Propose and work toward a productive research/scholarship agenda
consonant with the demands of a teaching-focused institution.
• Serve on School and University committees as needed.
• Facilitate an Advisory Council to provide feedback and review of
the computer science program.
• Foster mutually beneficial relationships with professionals to
build internship and career opportunities and cutting-edge,
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a
regionally accredited institution.
• Student centered approach and passion for teaching and mentoring
a diverse student population.
• Strong commitment to service students, department, university,
• PhD degree in Computer Science or related field from a regionally
• Background in Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, or
• Experience with cloud computing.
• Experience in online teaching and online course
• Experience with higher education curriculum development.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of
a background screening.
Teaching philosophy, letter of professional interest indicating
area(s) of focus and approach to meeting the responsibilities
outlined above for the chosen position, curriculum vitae, and 3-5
professional references must be attached to complete the
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity
and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability,
gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin,
race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of
the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring,
training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and
Advertised: September 26, 2022