Emporia State University’s Department of Counselor Education is seeking applications for a 9-month, tenure-track, assistant professor position in our CACREP-accredited School Counseling program. The position will begin Fall 2023. It is based in Emporia, KS.
This position emphasizes teaching and development of effective school counseling practitioners at the graduate level. Our program is a 60-credit degree program that meets both school and clinical licensure for the state of Kansas. Responsibilities include teaching traditional, hybrid, and online courses, advising students, providing supervision to interns, performing scholarly activities, and service to the university and profession. Instruction is both generalist and school focused. A physical campus presence is expected with this position. Opportunity for summer teaching exists.
Required qualifications include:
- Doctorate (or doctoral candidate) meeting CACREP standards for core faculty member
- Professional experience working within school settings
- KSDE equivalent licensure
- Eligibility to obtain Kansas LPC
- Online teaching experience or willingness to learn
Preferred qualifications include:
- Doctorate in counseling from a CACREP accredited program; or combination of pre-2023 teaching experience and doctorate in a closely related field
- Professional experience as a school counselor
- Record of university teaching excellence
- Record of professional presentations and/or academic publications
- Service to the profession
Salary is competitive and dependent on qualifications. A comprehensive benefits package is included
Screening of applicants will begin Fall 2022 and continue until the position is filled. Upload a letter of application, vita, unofficial transcripts, and complete contact information of three references to Dr. Gaelynn Wolf Bordonaro, Search Committee Chair, Department of Counselor Education at https://bit.ly/3vsc8OV. A background check and official transcripts are required upon hire.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.
Individuals with disabilities and BIPOC are invited to apply.