The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for management, development and distribution of distance education programs and continuing education programs. The ED provides vision, direction, and focused goals for the distance education and continuing education departments. Coupled with a student-centered approach, the ED develops, plans, and implements initiatives in distance and continuing education and is highly active in shaping services for credit and noncredit adult learners.
The Executive Director understands the evolving needs of nontraditional students. The ED works with their team to analyze the needs of target populations and works with faculty and administration of the university to identify, develop, and deliver hybrid/online credit and noncredit program offerings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working with Vice Provost for Online, Distance and Continuing Education (ODCE), provide overall vision and supervision for the development and maintenance of programs that respond to workforce, economic, and community needs, including certificate, undergraduate, graduate, and noncredit programs.
Collaborate with campus partners, community partners at distant campus locations, and marketing department to develop relevant programs and associated marketing campaigns and appropriate communications to expand the ODCE's reach with the goal to significantly increase enrollments of students enrolling in distance and continuing education programs (e.g., certificate, undergraduate, graduate, and noncredit programs).
Ensure compliance with accreditation and other regulations that impact students in continuing and distance education programs and crosstrain into functions of online education programs.
Identify emerging national and local trends and make data-informed decisions to increase revenue in the distance and continuing education departments to ensure the units meet financial goals.
Work with ODCE's corporate engagement team, to create strong, lasting partnerships with businesses, organizations and community leaders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
-Knowledge of higher educational philosophy, leadership, and administrative practices and procedures
• Knowledge of college curricula and instructional programs.
• Knowledge and skill in communicating effectively in formal and informal settings.
• Knowledge of technological systems as they apply to instructional, administrative and workplace needs.
• Strategic planning skills to effect change in a multicultural environment.
• Skills in employee development, coaching, and performance management.
• Strong leadership skills that promote student success, program innovation and enrollment growth.
• Ability to develop budgets and interpret financial data/ plans and manage resources.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse, multicultural environment with students, faculty and staff.
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff and community groups.
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule to include evening and weekend assignments
Bachelor's Degree AND minimum of 9 years of related work experience, including 5 years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Experience leading a team, project, program, or function is typically required.
• Master's or doctorate degree in education, business, law, technology, or related degree
• Experience in higher education, or business equivalent managerial skills and demonstrated leadership and creative accomplishments in the field of online education.
Posted Rate of Pay: $90,000-$115,000
Apply at : https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/10668?c=arizona